Re: Fractal Order Blocks Open Secret System

I've started using the order blocks indi on the daily time frame (I work full time so i can't trade lower timeframes) I look for trend confirmation under/over the order block. It's looking positive but obviously patience is important as price doesn't always go your way initially.

Look forward to more posts from yourself.
These users thanked the author Jon for the post:
Mustafa

sebking1986 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:19 pm The key with trading these is being able to trade as price approaches them rather than wait for confirmation after price is already moving the direction you want. This helps get the higher risk reward trades when they come off.
Thanks sebking

I currently have a trade running with this scenario as a sort of continuation trade you could say :)

Anymore knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated
These users thanked the author Jon for the post:
D_TRADA

sebking1986 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:19 pm The key with trading these is being able to trade as price approaches them rather than wait for confirmation after price is already moving the direction you want. This helps get the higher risk reward trades when they come off.
"The key with trading these is being able to trade as price approaches them rather than wait for confirmation...." Huh! Can you please demonstrate this approach in a Chart example?
Fractals and those order blocks do not show in advance. Just like Semaphores and.......Fractals show highs and lows and thus got to follow price action from one S/D (S/R) level to the next i.e. they got to repaint if PA moves on. Now one will never trade dots, right!? Unless a confirmation is obvious. Thus I'm unable to reconstruct your approach unless I comment about history. And if price would move in the direction I want.....well, that would be a goldmine.
My comment is not meant to be negative, but I think there must be some misunderstanding. I will appreciate to look at an illustration using a chart. Maybe I can learn something new.

Jonln wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:12 pm I've started using the order blocks indi on the daily time frame (I work full time so i can't trade lower timeframes) I look for trend confirmation under/over the order block. It's looking positive but obviously patience is important as price doesn't always go your way initially.

Well... if you understand order blocks and know how to manage your risk... I definitely have something to offer which though a little more complex than these fractal blocks are way more efficient in painting the right market map for you.... Stay tuned...
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 2):
Jon, mr12323

I perfectly understand what you mean by price approaching them and then taking the trade without confirmation.... They are called sniper entries..... The risk reward ratio is definitely higher in that case...... May I ask how do you make your order blocks.... You don't wanna tell, perfectly okay with me.....

RplusT wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:06 pm "The key with trading these is being able to trade as price approaches them rather than wait for confirmation...." Huh! Can you please demonstrate this approach in a Chart example?
Fractals and those order blocks do not show in advance. Just like Semaphores and.......Fractals show highs and lows and thus got to follow price action from one S/D (S/R) level to the next i.e. they got to repaint if PA moves on. Now one will never trade dots, right!? Unless a confirmation is obvious. Thus I'm unable to reconstruct your approach unless I comment about history. And if price would move in the direction I want.....well, that would be a goldmine.
My comment is not meant to be negative, but I think there must be some misunderstanding. I will appreciate to look at an illustration using a chart. Maybe I can learn something new.
I am glad you could ask something without having any intention of being negative....... I will try to clarify that misunderstanding if I could.... There is an order block visible on the chart...... As the price retraced into that order blocks, one could trade it right in the area of the order block with least confirmation...... A stop loss right below the order block would be the exit in case the trade keeps on going down.... However, if price respects that level and resumes the upward movement, the reward could be huge compared to the risk taken... I believe you are a sophisticated trader to have a look at the chart example and grasp the significance of that level and that kind of trading..

In the 2nd screenshot another live trade when price made it to Fractal Order Block and trade was taken at the retouch...... There was some drawdown, but price did not make it to the stop loss and some profit came from the trade....
Attachments
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post:
RplusT

Jonln wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:12 pm I've started using the order blocks indi on the daily time frame (I work full time so i can't trade lower timeframes) I look for trend confirmation under/over the order block. It's looking positive but obviously patience is important as price doesn't always go your way initially.

Okay... When I have time I will give you some insights on how to use Fractal Order Blocks on Daily Timeframe..... I suggest you combine them with Hourly Order Blocks... I have shared 2 OB indictors some posts back here... Use them both.... Take the Daily for your Directional Bias and the hourly for refining entries.... Results would be something like this when your are successful.... AUDUSD Daily Chart...
Attachments

Mustafa wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:25 am Okay... When I have time I will give you some insights on how to use Fractal Order Blocks on Daily Timeframe..... I suggest you combine them with Hourly Order Blocks... I have shared 2 OB indictors some posts back here... Use them both.... Take the Daily for your Directional Bias and the hourly for refining entries.... Results would be something like this when your are successful.... AUDUSD Daily Chart...
Hey thanks

I have mimicked your set up however the order block after price retracement on the 04/02 isn't showing, I'll have a little play around :)

Mustafa wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:58 am I am glad you could ask something without having any intention of being negative....... I will try to clarify that misunderstanding if I could.... There is an order block visible on the chart...... As the price retraced into that order blocks, one could trade it right in the area of the order block with least confirmation...... A stop loss right below the order block would be the exit in case the trade keeps on going down.... However, if price respects that level and resumes the upward movement, the reward could be huge compared to the risk taken... I believe you are a sophisticated trader to have a look at the chart example and grasp the significance of that level and that kind of trading..

In the 2nd screenshot another live trade when price made it to Fractal Order Block and trade was taken at the retouch...... There was some drawdown, but price did not make it to the stop loss and some profit came from the trade....

Ok, now we speak the same language. I expected that the only scenario could be an established Orderblock, I call it S/D (S/R) level because that what it is, the price has reversed and then pulled back again to that level. Well, that's a pretty common scenario. But placing an immediate order for another reversal would be pretty prudent and just a high risk guess. Why would we do that if simply waiting for a few candles to pass and trade the second break for the same direction with low risk. We have no order books to look at and simply cannot assume anything. Thanks for clarifying the issue. Have a good day!
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Mustafa