Re: T3 and T3 based indicators MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:53 am Sorry missing something here, what did I or didn't I do?
Oh, well, I guess you have been that busy.
I was just wanting 3 signal colors portrayed in the background. Buy, sell, neutral. And not a crossover indicator.
Two blue MA's in the cloud equal a buy-color background.
Two red MA's in the cloud equal a sell-color background.
One red MA and one blue MA in the cloud make a neutral-colored background.
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:08 am Oh, well, I guess you have been that busy.
I was just wanting 3 signals colors portrayed in the background. Buy, sell, neutral. And not a crossover indicator.
Two blue MA's in the cloud equal a buy-color background.
Two red MA's in the cloud equal a sell-color background.
One red MA and one blue MA in the cloud make a neutral-colored background.
What to base the blue/red/neutral colors on, I have done slope and crossover, and neither was acceptable? And don't remember a cloud but am getting up there in age so very possibly missed the cloud somewhere.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
GoldenBrett90

mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:20 am What to base the blue/red/neutral colors on, I have done slope and crossover, and neither was acceptable? And don't remember a cloud but am getting up there in age so very possibly missed the cloud somewhere.
Alright, MrTools, I got you.
I didn't know you were very old, either. Lol
But, in the screenshot, I have two IE/2 MA's of different lengths.
This is what I'd call a "cloud".

My simple instructions are as followed:
1) A blue-color chart background is generated when the two MA's are signaling a buy.
2) A red-color chart background is generated when the two MA's are signaling a sell.
3) A gray-color chart background is generated when one MA is red and the other is blue.
Attachments

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:38 am Alright, MrTools, I got you.
I didn't know you were very old, either. Lol
But, in the screenshot, I have two IE/2 MA's of different lengths.
This is what I'd call a "cloud".

My simple instructions are as followed:
1) A blue-color chart background is generated when the two MA's are signaling a buy.
2) A red-color chart background is generated when the two MA's are signaling a sell.
3) A gray-color chart background is generated when one MA is red and the other is blue.
So, the 2 IE/2 ma colors are based on slope?

mrtools wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:37 am So, the 2 IE/2 ma colors are based on slope?
2 blue MA's = blue background.
2 red MA's = red background.
1 blue MA & 1 red MA = gray background.

Something like what's imperfectly depicted in the pictures.
Attachments

-GoldenBrett90

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:33 am That's exactly it!!
Thank you, MrTools!
I read what you posted earlier about avoiding ranging and having the Volty Channel Stop as a close guide. For avoiding ranging maybe you can mess with the settings of these 2 indicators. One Mrtools updated and Jimmy made a template viewtopic.php?p=1295454630#p1295454630
Another is a indicator made by Yisrael and updated by andrei-1 viewtopic.php?p=1295457644#p1295457644 .

EDIT; maybe also this thanks to Yisrael again. viewtopic.php?p=1295457660#p1295457660

Thanks to all who who worked on these 2 indicators. You have more experience than me, maybe you can incorporate them well. I am trying to find good settings of them myself
These users thanked the author KAESER444 for the post:
GoldenBrett90
LIFE IS WAR

KAESER444 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:42 am I read what you posted earlier about avoiding ranging and having the Volty Channel Stop as a close guide. For avoiding ranging maybe you can mess with the settings of these 2 indicators. One Mrtools updated and Jimmy made a template viewtopic.php?p=1295454630#p1295454630
Another is a indicator made by Yisrael and updated by andrei-1 viewtopic.php?p=1295457644#p1295457644 .

EDIT; maybe also this thanks to Yisrael again. viewtopic.php?p=1295457660#p1295457660

Thanks to all who who worked on these 2 indicators. You have more experience than me, maybe you can incorporate them well. I am trying to find good settings of them myself
Oh, yeah, that top link, the Kaufman one looks very good for avoiding the range.
Haven't tried the bottom link T3 one, yet, though. That one looks like a histogram that I'd definitely have to plug in and take a look.
I think I'll definitely give the Kaufman one a spin, though.
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post:
KAESER444

-GoldenBrett90