Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

So far IMO, Xard indicator is very promising but only for helping you pick your entry points. First of all, you need your own trading system because if you only rely on the indicator you might as well just flip a coin, not to mention that it repaints a lot. Have to understand the market structure and build a simple and solid trading system, and then you can add the Xard indicators as a bonus to spot nice trades that favor the direction given by your own system.
Also In a choppy market, you will most likely have a super had time banking pips with this one.
FYI, I'm not trying to be critical or negative, in fact, I respect the lot of work and effort that has been put into this indicator. I'm trading since 2007, full-time since around 2015, and have seen lots of "holy grail systems". Never liked to use indicators, I only trade S/R on naked charts, but seeing how much progress has been made with Xard, I think it's only fair to say that it has potential. I'm going to use it to pick entry points on a separate account and hopefully I could say that this one is worth to use the long term.

tomsabo wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:22 pm So far IMO, Xard indicator is very promising but only for helping you pick your entry points. First of all, you need your own trading system because if you only rely on the indicator you might as well just flip a coin, not to mention that it repaints a lot. Have to understand the market structure and build a simple and solid trading system, and then you can add the Xard indicators as a bonus to spot nice trades that favor the direction given by your own system.
Also In a choppy market, you will most likely have a super had time banking pips with this one.
FYI, I'm not trying to be critical or negative, in fact, I respect the lot of work and effort that has been put into this indicator. I'm trading since 2007, full-time since around 2015, and have seen lots of "holy grail systems". Never liked to use indicators, I only trade S/R on naked charts, but seeing how much progress has been made with Xard, I think it's only fair to say that it has potential. I'm going to use it to pick entry points on a separate account and hopefully I could say that this one is worth to use the long term.
April 1 is still 6 weeks away.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
sudhindragk, fadhayemustafa, Musashi
nil desperandum

tomsabo wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:51 pm Look if I offended you I'm sorry, but I'm not sure this is the way to react because someone was sharing an honest and respectful post.

If you understood the way the system works you would not be getting hung up on repainting. Yes everyone should learn to read a raw chart's price action. I started trading this system just over a year ago and started trading in 1995 on paper charts.

Get to know how it works before claiming that over 10,000 posts on here are all a waste of time and we would be better off flipping a coin. On that point, I totally disagree with you.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
tomsabo, lanze1948, Musashi
nil desperandum

@Tomsabo don't get hung up on the indys repainting - support becomes resistance and resistance becomes support etc...it's a function of how price operates and we cannot get away from that.

I can only speak for myself and having discovered the system in January I have had good results.

Take a second look at it. if you have already taken a second look, then take a third.
These users thanked the author lanze1948 for the post:
tomsabo
Focus on the process not the outcome.

1) Wait for the white line to draw.
2) Use the thick MA line as break out.
3) Enter after candle color change and place SL slightly above/below last semaphore. (Green candle to red and vice versa)

lanze1948 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:50 am @Tomsabo don't get hung up on the indys repainting - support becomes resistance and resistance becomes support etc...it's a function of how price operates and we cannot get away from that.

I can only speak for myself and having discovered the system in January I have had good results.

Take a second look at it. if you have already taken a second look, then take a third.
Hey! Thanks for the input. Yeah, I try to look at it the same way. Today is a good example for a "slow day" I guess. I'm most likely a day trader, so I was waiting for good setups all day but rarely anything so far. I did catch a nice short early morning on USDCAD with Xard with RR2.
So far nice start with this one, and I'm already in a short on US30, but we'll see I guess.
These users thanked the author tomsabo for the post:
lanze1948

You say to yourself that it is a down day but seeing as how the US session is due to open you just close the trades and book the Pip$ as you do not want to be caught in the open swings.
So you sit on the sidelines... waiting... watching

Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 8):
yoki, Mustafa, Mundu19, sudhindragk, XXXX, Musashi, msbh, Jedidiah
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world