Re: BeatlemaniaSA's XU-Hybrid Trading System

Dego wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:53 pm You cant show past performance on lucky indicator because it repaints.
Sadly, I can't do anything about the nature of the original indicator. I just wanted to help with the alert, even if a little late.

Also, for everyone I think BM uses 12 instead of 24, that should provide more entries. Make sure to change it here.
These users thanked the author opita for the post:
kenshin281180#
Cheers,

Opita

opita wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:43 am Sadly, I can't do anything about the nature of the original indicator. I just wanted to help with the alert, even if a little late.

Also, for everyone I think BM uses 12 instead of 24, that should provide more entries. Make sure to change it here.
So correct me if I'm wrong. You have just the combined on your chart list correct, and the anchor indicator is in the indicators folder correct?

kenshin281180# wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:06 am So correct me if I'm wrong. You have just the combined on your chart list correct, and the anchor indicator is in the indicators folder correct?
Correct, you can use the anchor if you want, but it is not needed. The anchor is a modified version of the normal lucky reversal indi.
It is just there to be called upon by the Combined for calculations.
These users thanked the author opita for the post (total 2):
trailingedge, kenshin281180#
Cheers,

Opita

josi wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:08 pm You may well be right but - I wonder - where (or what) is your buy-signal?
Do you enter without any signal whatsoever (I went down all the way to M5 and didn't see any)?
Sorry, I had just seen your message now bro!

My signal was when price pulled back to your Moving Averages. Both Moving Averages proved too strong to break through with just a single candle in the past (unless there was a huge crash). Is that correct, though? :)

I've now exited at 70 pips! Thank you Beatle
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 2):
josi, dansmol
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:32 pm My signal was when price pulled back to your Moving Averages. Both Moving Averages proved too strong to break through with just a single candle in the past (unless there was a huge crash). Is that correct, though? :)
Well, you have to ask Beatlemania about that.
I can only say that - coward that I am - it seemed rather risky (falling-sword-anecdote, and all that).
Me - being on H1 & H4 - I saw an entry (as I described in my post) after Gold closed above MAs around London open. The cool choice, I think, was not to enter directly but wait for a retest (which accidentally coincided with a retest of the daily open line) - but, of course, that approach often doesn't work out!
[This reflects only my experience: if I enter too early (FOMO) and price goes against me for a longer period of time, I feel so stressed out that I quit early once price goes in my direction, instead of staying in a good trade. So I try to be patient and wait for the entry signal.]
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
ChuChu Rocket