Re: Trading Pullbacks System

Mustafa wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:55 pm Use two RSI from H4 in mtf mode, 3 and 9 in the same window.... Use their crosses as entry signals in the direction of your other trend indicators......
Thanks for the idea (so this is your old setup without the CCI-histo)
I tried it immediately and it works well (albeit with late signals sometimes)
[But - of course - you don't necessarily have to use the cross at all times: you could use the slower one as bias indicator and the fast one as entry & exit (only in the direction of bias)].
A look at Beatlemania's swing-trade (really informative, I think):
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Mustafa

josi wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:37 pm Thanks for the idea (so this is your old setup without the CCI-histo)
I tried it immediately and it works well (albeit with late signals sometimes)
But - of course - you don't necessarily use the cross at all times: you could use the slower one as bias indicator and the fast one as entry & exit (only in the direction of bias, of course).
Thanks Josi for your feedback..... Now let me add a few ounces of bitter truth for the person who asked for advice..... No system works perfect all the time.... look again at the RSI crosses... The first four trades might have been losers or at best breakeven. The person having taken them would be very reluctant to take the next next signal. He might even be thinking about discarding those RSIs all together... He would be doubtful and mistrusting his judgment. Let's say he takes the next trade too. But by now his frustration has so overwhelmed him that he moves his SL to BE, or takes premature profit and misses the big run.... Psychology has interfered to ruin his trading and caused him to miss what now became the best two opportunities to score big..... keep this lesson in mind and trade well.... Hope it helps Kareem115
Attachments
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 4):
josi, BeatlemaniaSA, Pauliz, Kareem115

Kareem115 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:20 am I'm working on a Renko system for pullbacks. I run into this issue every now and then where it looks like the perfect set up, but instead it hits my stop loss and then goes into the direction I originally predicted or reversing on me all together. The yellow vertical line in this trade I entered on a sell, but it hit my stop loss. In this picture it went back into the direction I originally predicted but in some cases it won't, and continue to go into the opposite direction. Any suggestions?

with renko you can not see the candle power PA, but even with renko it is possible to choose/be selective. I tried to explain this already many times and please friends do not pollute this thread with HTF indicators, do not trade when line a is crossing line b. When I see vertical lines plotted on HTF indicators when lines are crossing....pfff so we had an impulse down on renko, retrace, you could have entered yes, stopped out perhaps, but afterwards a retrace ABC pattern has formed testing the previous SD zone. This setup will repeat again and again on all timeframes. No idea which pair or renko you have on your chart but this is what I see atm. Best M.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post:
Kareem115

Meyney wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:08 am This is EU 1H pullback template without repainting HTF indi's, zigags/semafors(or even worse lucky reversals). Zoomout watch impulses/retraces
Now, now....don't bash what you don't use. Yours is NOT the ONLY system that works Meyney... :Rofl: :Rofl:
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
constbln
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:31 am Now, now....don't bash what you don't use. Yours is NOT the ONLY system that works Meyney... :Rofl: :Rofl:
Sure mr. Beatleman all ok, we have our own style. I do not use repainters anymore for many many years (20+) and I only aim for 1% per day, but more is welcome. I did check the lucky reversal indi already I made 1000's of screenshots I hope others will do this also they will be amazed what they will see, same with the other indicators set on HTF's. Problem is as you maybe noticed members are plotting lines wrong on MTF indi's and love Semafor/lucky reversals in hindsight; this will give a twisted 'dream-expectation'. Second if strategies are twisted every week (or Christmas, month, etc.) with new indicators or tweaked setups....it is hard to take it serious. Anyway I try to keep this thread without repainting stuff or MTF indicators, concentrating on PA, hope you understand.
Lurkers/members here: if you want to make 10% every trade/day or 100%+ please move on to the Beatlemania thread or Xard...I will stay here posting boring non repainting charts for a while.
best M.
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 5):
humbatov, Kareem115, BeatlemaniaSA, schmurex, Pauliz

Meyney wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:32 am Sure mr. Beatleman all ok, we have our own style. I do not use repainters anymore for many many years (20+) and I only aim for 1% per day, but more is welcome. I did check the lucky reversal indi already I made 1000's of screenshots I hope others will do this also they will be amazed what they will see, same with the other indicators set on HTF's. Problem is as you maybe noticed members are plotting lines wrong on MTF indi's and love Semafor/lucky reversals in hindsight; this will give a twisted 'dream-expectation'. Second if strategies are twisted every week (or Christmas, month, etc.) with new indicators or tweaked setups....it is hard to take it serious. Anyway I try to keep this thread without repainting stuff or MTF indicators, concentrating on PA, hope you understand.
Lurkers/members here: if you want to make 10% every trade/day or 100%+ please move on to the Beatlemania thread or Xard...I will stay here posting boring non repainting charts for a while.
best M.
Came across that thread recently. Thought I'd stumbled into a cargo cult.
Great results can be achieved by trading the left side of the chart

Meyney wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:08 am This is EU 1H pullback template without repainting HTF indi's, zigags/semafors(or even worse lucky reversals). Zoomout watch impulses/retraces
all the best M.
I'm wondering what's so much different to your chart and the one from the Beatle thread you are getting so annoyed about. I'm interfering here for the one and only reason......FS got many forums, systems, Indicators, ideas good or bad, developers, coders, contributors and thus people must feel free to post whatever they think is worth to do so without being afraid of getting offended. There are many ways leading to Rome or as I use to say and try to prove that too with many different charts that it does not really matter what you put on your chart. In the end it's the price action that dictates our trading and for that reason I got nothing on my trading chart except some trendlines and S/R levels. But, again, that's me and I would never bash anyone who does not do the same.
Besides, ZZ, Semafors and....are simply showing highs and lows and thus got to follow PA. I would not call that repainting. It's a non issue because why would one trade Dots in the first place!? The same applies to those Lucky Reversals. We are supposed to trade direction, that's all. Using trendlines and MAs as a guide as you do is definitely a road to success. Nothing to add. But please, let other people do what they want to. Sooner or later everyone will or should figure out whether he is on the right track. PA is unforgiving. Just relax.

These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 3):
constbln, euro_rapp, Chickenspicy

I'm wondering what's so much different to your chart and the one from the Beatle thread you are getting so annoyed about. I'm interfering here for the one and only reason......FS got many forums, systems, Indicators, ideas good or bad, developers, coders, contributors and thus people must feel free to post whatever they think is worth to do so without being afraid of getting offended. There are many ways leading to Rome or as I use to say and try to prove that too with many different charts that it does not really matter what you put on your chart. In the end it's the price action that dictates our trading and for that reason I got nothing on my trading chart except some trendlines and S/R levels. But, again, that's me and I would never bash anyone who does not do the same.
Besides, ZZ, Semafors and....are simply showing highs and lows and thus got to follow PA. I would not call that repainting. It's a non issue because why would one trade Dots in the first place!? The same applies to those Lucky Reversals. We are supposed to trade direction, that's all. Using trendlines and MAs as a guide as you do is definitely a road to success. Nothing to add. But please, let other people do what they want to. Sooner or later everyone will or should figure out whether he is on the right track. PA is unforgiving. Just relax.

The reason why I was annoyed is because I try to keep this thread 'clean'=Try to see Price Action without indicators; this is why I started this thread. You are right there are many way's to skin a cat and I respect other threads using MTF and repainters/redrawers 100%; I never replied there. But it is different when these MTF indicators are introduced here in the pullback thread (with wrong entries looking like Crystal ball charts) and even advice is given to visit for example the Lucky reversal thread. Yup I must admit I was irritated, so apologies if somebody felt attacked. Just like you I sometimes study other strategies just for fun; I will make movies from intraday charts especially with HTF or redrawing stuff, thousands till I have enough material to form an opinion. In this case I was not happy what I saw, enough said. Well I guess this thread will be useless in the near future with traders here making 10-100% per trade/day. They will laugh at me from their super yachts in Monaco zipping Dom Perignon while I am struggling with trendlines and SD zones.

All the best M.
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 3):
josi, RplusT, zookeeper