Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

DrRumpy wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:20 pm Hi Folks,

A question and possibly idea. I've been looking at a directional ATR indicator created on the cq-indicators site and found it useful. It made me wonder about a couple of things:

1.) Is there an equivalent here at FS?
2.) Does anyone know if a DATR Macd OR Historgram indi?

I do find the cross of the DATR useful but I'd prefer something more easy to visually judge like a histo or histo as part of Macd. Thanks for reading and in advance for any replies.

Regards,

Josh.
Don't know much about it, do you have a formula for it?

TEAMTRADER wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:43 am Could this indicator be adapted so that the HMA setting can be changed to 48 Ema please?
Thought it would be easy but once again failed miserably.....
TEAMTRADER
In lines 139 and 142 change IN 3 places

Code: Select all

MODE_LWMA
to something like

MaMode
then in your external parameters add

input ENUM_MA_METHOD  MaMode = MODE_EMA;
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Jimmy

mrtools wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:51 am Don't know much about it, do you have a formula for it?
Thanks for the reply. I do not have the source. Just some helpful screen caps (below). Perhaps food for thought or sparks and idea for others. I'd never have seen the CQ Indicators site if not for regular check-ins here, which is of course, the BEST!

I was thinking about this last night and it occurred to me that perhaps this indicator at FS could solve my (hopefully others as well) needs.

viewtopic.php?p=1295392058#p1295392058

Setting "CandleBodyOnly" and "AboveBelowAxis" both to false displays bull & bear bars above the X together. I think an MA could be applied to it would essentially by an ATR with Histogram. Allowing users to visually filter out candles not exceeding the MA.

My preference would be to color preserve separate color for bull/bear bars. Setting "AboveBelowAxis" to "false" makes bear candles green. The more important suggestion/request, I think, would be a dynamic threshold or moving average. For example, if I am interested in 2 X ATR, and maybe bull/bear bars under that threshold have a different color.

Also, I realize this may well be a really good project for me to do!

Regards,

Josh

Would it be asking too much to code this cosmetic idea of mine?
All I'm asking is to create a double-MA cloud from either the MA I've provided or an AllAverages MA indicator.
Then, code this new, popular "color background" idea, according to the MA cloud color-change.

For example, if both MA's of the cloud are signaling a buy, then a buy-colored background will appear, and vice-versa for a sell.
And if both MA's are conflicting with a buy & sell, then a neutral color will appear for the chart background.

This is a simple, yet effective concept for momentum trading & trading psychology, and to keep a clean chart.
These users thanked the author GoldenBrett90 for the post:
zookeeper
My goal is to make advanced algorithm strategies, coded and simplified.
Trading psychology and ease-of-use are top priorities.

-GoldenBrett90

mrtools wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:12 am In lines 139 and 142 change IN 3 places

MODE_LWMA
to something like

MaMode
then in your external parameters add

input ENUM_MA_METHOD  MaMode = MODE_EMA;
I have done as you suggested but it says error "input - unexpected token - line 37 column 8"
I copy and pasted exactly what I added on line 37 -
extern input ENUM_MA_METHOD MaMode = MODE_EMA;
Don't know what that means.
TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:04 am I have done as you suggested but it says error "input - unexpected token - line 37 column 8"
I copy and pasted exactly what I added on line 37 -
extern input ENUM_MA_METHOD MaMode = MODE_EMA;
Don't know what that means.
TEAMTRADER
I hope you don't mind, I tried it and it works. Take out extern on line37
These users thanked the author Jackson Doh for the post:
kvak