Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

RplusT wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:49 pm You are doing well now it seems. You complaining has stopped. ...... :D
Just two things:
If you see PA approaches a resistance / support level, don't open an order to trade into it. Wait. As you correctly spotted, after some consolidation, the price moved on. The subwindow also indicates a continuation in this direction......So what could possibly go wrong..... :D

Don't jump in front of a speeding train i.e. when the price is already on a strong move.......It can be profitable but it also can turn out to be expensive. I never do that. I just let go and wait for the next consolidation, pullback or whatever develops.

All the best

In fact, I have been a trader since 2010. I've been fine for a long time. I hope that this will be the case in the future. :sweat:
My only complaint here was that few people talked about trading here. Everyone was talking only about improving the system and indicators. And such a dialogue does not make us better as traders...

RplusT, your advice is useful and I appreciate it. I always analyze when I am given advice. :thumbup:
As you can see, I often enter a trade when the price has gone quite far. By the way, I remembered a quote from a great trader, you can see it on my avatar: "Prices are never too high to start buying or too low to start selling." :)
The fact is that my trading is not based on the XARD system. I trade according to my system of understanding the market. The XARD system is an additional option to enter a trade. I can trade without it, but I like it and it suits my trend continuation system well.

Probably a lot of people didn't see what I saw on this chart before taking the trade so high.
Follow the train of thought I had as I looked at the chart before making this trade.
At the bottom of the picture, you can see that I could have entered the trade earlier (in the blue box). But there was RESISTANCE-2, which the price just bounced off. I could not buy in front of this resistance.
Next, the price broke through S/R-2, but I didn't enter as there is a recent high of S/R-3 nearby, which is only 5 pips away. Does it make sense to buy? .. I don’t think ..
After breaking S/R-3, I decided to enter a trade to take a small profit (the target was about 15 pips), also the XARD system told me to buy. I took 10 pips and exited when I noticed that the volume increased and the price hit the ceiling. As you can see below, the price formed at the place where I exited the deal the new S/R-4 resistance.
I'm not saying that thinking like me is exclusively correct trading. Sometimes it's good to just follow a system (such as the XARD system) that works for you, regardless of S/R levels. I know a millionaire trader who doesn't pay attention to R/S in his trading and makes big money.

It's just that I've been trading with my system for a long time, which suits my mindset and is comfortable for me. Trade what is comfortable for you and brings you money :D .

P.S. In fact, it was not an ideal trading situation. The euro/dollar pair was too tight on all sides. But I wanted to do a quick scalping, and I succeeded.
These users thanked the author Boobligoom for the post (total 2):
chris006, RplusT

emrahgk wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:42 am
Where should we enter the process? Often when we wait for confirmation, it's too late
Also, the semaphore indicators are mostly false because it changes place when it sees higher or lower than before.
The large Semafor at the top of the chart is not a sell signal, it indicates a trend change could be coming. If you watch as new highs or lows are formed it will keep moving with the new high, in strong trend that could happen many times and a sell or a buy at the large Semafor would usually result in a loss.

My approach is to ignore the large Semafore until you have confirmation of a trend change. That confirmation occurred at the close of the red candle where I have put the arrow. There is a lower high shown by Dot 2, but that is not where you sell as Dot 2 could move up and become a new higher high (Large Semafor). We wait until price crosses the slow moving average and a CLOSED red candle, then you sell. Also the rsima should help keep you in the right direction, only sell where it is red.

Entering at the place I have shown is not too late and you would make some nice PIP$. You should be looking at closing the trade when the purple ZZ line appears and wait for the next setup.
Attachments
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 5):
Skyold, s4jikian, pfxi, ebi, kimhyunmin
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:13 am The large Semafor at the top of the chart is not a sell signal, it indicates a trend change could be coming. If you watch as new highs or lows are formed it will keep moving with the new high, in strong trend that could happen many times and a sell or a buy at the large Semafor would usually result in a loss.

My approach is to ignore the large Semafore until you have confirmation of a trend change. That confirmation occurred at the close of the red candle where I have put the arrow. There is a lower high shown by Dot 2, but that is not where you sell as Dot 2 could move up and become a new higher high (Large Semafor). We wait until price crosses the slow moving average and a CLOSED red candle, then you sell. Also the rsima should help keep you in the right direction, only sell where it is red.
Thanks. I waited here at the opening line of the day to sell, but it was too late here.

Boobligoom wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 6:10 am In fact, I have been a trader since 2010. I've been fine for a long time. I hope that this will be the case in the future. :sweat:
My only complaint here was that few people talked about trading here. Everyone was talking only about improving the system and indicators. And such a dialogue does not make us better as traders...

RplusT, your advice is useful and I appreciate it. I always analyze when I am given advice. :thumbup:
As you can see, I often enter a trade when the price has gone quite far. By the way, I remembered a quote from a great trader, you can see it on my avatar: "Prices are never too high to start buying or too low to start selling." :)

Oh, definitely! I know this quote. Of course it can move on in the same direction, even for a long time. What I meant to say, once price action is on the move, I'd wait for a consolidation or pullback and then go with it. The risk to enter a trade this way will be much lower.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
maroka, Boobligoom

RplusT wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:10 am Oh, definitely! I know this quote. Of course it can move on in the same direction, even for a long time. What I meant to say, once price action is on the move, I'd wait for a consolidation or pullback and then go with it. The risk to enter a trade this way will be much lower.
you are absolutely right :thumbup:
There is always volume in a consolidation, which is an additional safety net for your stop. Thus, you can use a small stop. I use this approach in swing trading. In day trading, I trade a little aggressively. But it is better to trade when the risk is less.
These users thanked the author Boobligoom for the post:
RplusT

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:13 am The large Semafor at the top of the chart is not a sell signal, it indicates a trend change could be coming. If you watch as new highs or lows are formed it will keep moving with the new high, in strong trend that could happen many times and a sell or a buy at the large Semafor would usually result in a loss.

Entering at the place I have shown is not too late and you would make some nice PIP$. You should be looking at closing the trade when the purple ZZ line appears and wait for the next setup.
Once I came up with a question for the developer. Is it possible not to draw the last dot until if its not confirmed? Its can make things easier, because sometimes we cannot decide the direction.
Can someone do a version which not draws the last square big round etc. until its not confirmed.

brn