Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Boobligoom wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:56 pm EU
I decided to take quite a bit. I am not greedy ;)

You are doing well now it seems. You complaining has stopped. ...... :D
Just two things:
If you see PA approaches a resistance / support level, don't open an order to trade into it. Wait. As you correctly spotted, after some consolidation, the price moved on. The subwindow also indicates a continuation in this direction......So what could possibly go wrong..... :D

Don't jump in front of a speeding train i.e. when the price is already on a strong move.......It can be profitable but it also can turn out to be expensive. I never do that. I just let go and wait for the next consolidation, pullback or whatever develops.

All the best
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 2):
Boobligoom, icman

xard777 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:08 pm As a lot of you will know that I tend to scalp my way through the intra-day, make my Pip$ on the 5m chart with quick short moves and let two or three trades make up my daily target. This can leave a lot of traders a bit confused so I would like to point out an easier more classical way of trading using this system.

That is to trade using the 1hr and 15m charts. The 1hr TF gives us our road map and keeps us safe on our trading journey. The 15m TF is our entry points along the journey's way.

If you look at the US500 charts below you will see where our Journey starts five trading days ago (last Friday) at the bottom Perimeter Dot.
The 1hr chart is grayed out on our first trade on the 15m off the 2nd Dot (3740.61) where we would have taken a BUY at the cross of the Trend line.
Our second trade is now highlighted on both the 1hr & 15m with a BUY at the cross of the Trend line just at the Open line. Anyone of these trades would have made us our daily target.

From the Bottom Perimeter Dot we are in BUY mode and from the 2nd trade onwards the 1hr VQ is UP confirming that we should be in BUY trades for the past five days. The 15m TF shows us clearly where to get in on these trades, hit our targets and get out and repeat each day. Book our Pip$ and move on.

This is not rocket science folks, please take the time to look at both charts and ask yourself "Could I do this? be consistent with my intra-day trades".
You just need to focus, the 15m & 1hr strategy will work wonders for your trading account.
Xard777

NB If you are on the 15m chart, you could show the T2MA line (set to true in FX4 STD input menu) as this shows the 1hr line on the 15m chart.
Plus, you can also set the alarm on the 15m VQ to true to help with entries.
If anyone is still trying to understand the system.. this post pretty much explains everything
the RSI is there to add confluence/confidence

Also, remember to adjust/play with the settings of indicators for different instruments/indices depending on what you’re trading.. from what I have tested the default seems to work best with indices especially US30/100/500/2000.. using the same settings and strategy for gold gave me almost twice the losing rate due to the random spikes.

On XU15 and above makes trading the lower TF easier since everything is synced.. no more switching back & forth between graphs or squinting 🤣
These users thanked the author s4jikian for the post (total 5):
sudhindragk, XXXX, FiveS, Paddygir, kimhyunmin

cpfleger wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:31 am Andreuxx,

The XU 16 System is already defined within this Link by XARD probably a few pages back, open up the main Indicator and adjust the settings to your liking, enjoy its simplicity and flexibility.
Ok, thank you very much, the default setup parameters, are they the most suitable for trading in daily timeframe? If not, could you tell me what parameters to set for daily timeframe? I only trade on daily timeframe