Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

I've been playing around with this indicator for some time and were hoping you could update the code a little bit. The indicator uses by standard the SMA in it's calculation, so I'm wondering if it possible or even adviseble to give the indicator the option to choose between the different MA's as shown below. But as I'm a sucker for the OMA moving average, could it also be given the option to use this aswell (If it can't be an option alongside the other ma's, maybe just make it with only OMA)? I would also appreciate the option to choose between the different closing prices as shown. The last request would be giving it the OMA signal line. As a sidenote maybe there also is a better colourchanging slope calculation that can be used?

Much Appreciated!

traderokey wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:42 am Hi Mrtools,

Could you please normalize this momentum indicator?
If possible, also optimize the code, since the indicator can sometimes cause MT4 to hang, especially in lower time frames.
Thanks.

cumulative - momentum (mtf).ex4
Will go over it again tomorrow when i wake up, not sure about normalizing it, but will try.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
traderokey

Does anyone have an indicator that will paint an arrow depending on the current open price in relation to the previous open price? For example, an up arrow is printed if the open price on the current candle is higher than the open price of the previous candle. Now, I know you can do this simply by looking but it will be helpful to see quickly across a range of candles as in the attached pic. Thank you.
Attachments

traderokey wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:42 am Hi Mrtools,

Could you please normalize this momentum indicator?
If possible, also optimize the code, since the indicator can sometimes cause MT4 to hang, especially in lower time frames.
Thanks.

cumulative - momentum (mtf).ex4
Far as I can tell the code is as optimized as it can be, and far as normalizing wasn't able to do that.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
traderokey

GraniteChief wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:08 pm Does anyone have an indicator that will paint an arrow depending on the current open price in relation to the previous open price? For example, an up arrow is printed if the open price on the current candle is higher than the open price of the previous candle. Now, I know you can do this simply by looking but it will be helpful to see quickly across a range of candles as in the attached pic. Thank you.
may be this can modify as per your needs.. try with coder
These users thanked the author sal for the post:
GraniteChief
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

whiplashtm wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:58 pm I've been playing around with this indicator for some time and were hoping you could update the code a little bit. The indicator uses by standard the SMA in it's calculation, so I'm wondering if it possible or even adviseble to give the indicator the option to choose between the different MA's as shown below. But as I'm a sucker for the OMA moving average, could it also be given the option to use this aswell (If it can't be an option alongside the other ma's, maybe just make it with only OMA)? I would also appreciate the option to choose between the different closing prices as shown. The last request would be giving it the OMA signal line. As a sidenote maybe there also is a better colourchanging slope calculation that can be used?

Much Appreciated!
Posted a version Here
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
GoldenBrett90, pipsquirrel