Re: Trading Pullbacks System

Just wondering strange there is almost zero info here about solid money management. Have seen a post about a member demanding a leverage of 100. Why? do you need really a leverage 100? If your stop/MM is ok and you are serious 100 leverage is not needed. I have seen here daily profits statements of 15% or more...hmmm ask yourself: if daily profit is 15% what is your SL? Let's say risk reward is 2, if wrong you will lose 7.5% on your account. Assume your entries are wrong a few times...I hope you will have the nerves, most beginners do not have this and will blow up the account. If you are a beginner risk 0.5% or max. 1%. You can always add positions when right.
best M
These users thanked the author Meyney for the post (total 2):
sal, charli

Re: Trading Pullbacks System

Meyney wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:31 am Just wondering strange there is almost zero info here about solid money management. Have seen a post about a member demanding a leverage of 100. Why? do you need really a leverage 100? If your stop/MM is ok and you are serious 100 leverage is not needed. I have seen here daily profits statements of 15% or more...hmmm ask yourself: if daily profit is 15% what is your SL? Let's say risk reward is 2, if wrong you will lose 7.5% on your account. Assume your entries are wrong a few times...I hope you will have the nerves, most beginners do not have this and will blow up the account. If you are a beginner risk 0.5% or max. 1%. You can always add positions when right.
best M
Meyney, the reason why people are looking for leverage is, most of the traders haven't got sufficient funds and thus use leverage to place some decent trades. And this is also the very same reason why the majority of traders don't make it. If the trade or more than one goes against them, their account is gone. I don't pay attention to percentage profit statements because this also depends on the size of the funds one has got. If I have got a 1000 $ account and make 200 $, it's 20%. Looks impressive, but generally it just means I made some profit. Need to do that consistently.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Meyney