Re: RSI Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:19 am Added 6 rsi types.
Thank you for the request completion. I have found this to be a reliable indicator when used in accordance with a moving average. In the first picture you can see an example of how I am workin with it, I am using 27 EMA of XARD V12 version as bias and for the RSI indicator the parameters shown there, aqua dots for buying and red for selling.

However I have found that it could also work not just to get in the market when the actual signals are given but when the RSI crosses the contrary band in contrast to the moving average. For example, when price is under 27 EMA and RSI crosses upper band, it could be used as pullback of the prevalent downtrend and an opportunity to place a sell order or to add to the existing ones. Refer to second image where it shows vertical lines as entry points for long (aqua) and short (red).

On the other side, when RSI crosses the according band in contrast to the moving average, for example, when price is under 27 EMA and RSI crosses lower band, it could mean that the prevalent direction is strong in downtrend and it's an opportunity to place a sell order or to add to the existing ones. Refer to third image where it shows vertical lines as entry points for long (aqua) and short (red).

So, as lines could be tricky to read I ask you to please add contrary arrows when RSI crosses bands from the inside to the outside, like oversold or overbought conditions (Arrows heading down and on top of candle when RSI crosses up upper band and the other way around).

Thank you.
Attachments
Actual setup Actual setup
"Oversold" and "Overbought" conditions "Oversold" and "Overbought" conditions
Trend strenght Trend strenght

GoldenBrett90 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:45 am Hey, greetings, Opita.

I see you're using "TMA+CG mladen NRP".
I've used this same exact indicator as a base with multiple paid projects with FerruFX.
It's not only repainting, but it's also not made by Mladen, at all. Whoever made it just falsely included his name in the title.
I've made multiple non-lagging, stochastic-related coded algorithms with it and it only let me down.
Any bit of repainting will totally throw-off your results.
It took me a long time to realize it was in fact repainting, though it does say "NRP", because the changes are subtle, but it makes a big difference when trying to code something with good results.

I'm just saying... The indicator is not as advertised...
I can't believe I wasted a year or two using that indicator.. Haha, dumb.
I agree with you, it does repaint and the more it progresses, the more it repaints. I overlay it with an actual non repainting version. Sadly, the indicator I cannot share due to licensing issues.

I was hoping there would still be merit to combining them. Since it repaints as time progresses.
Cheers,

Opita

opita wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:40 am I agree with you, it does repaint and the more it progresses, the more it repaints. I overlay it with an actual non repainting version. Sadly, the indicator I cannot share due to licensing issues.

I was hoping there would still be merit to combining them. Since it repaints as time progresses.
NRP varsion of TMA licesing issue!! :think: :Shocked:
check this is Mladen NRP version. If you have NRP version, you have an holi grail!!!

viewtopic.php?t=8423458&p=1295455977#p1295455977
"There is NO GOD higher than TRUTH" - Mahatma Gandhi

Little upgraded RSI from here...viewtopic.php?p=1295405646#p1295405646
Whats new...MTF with AHTF, 3 type for coloring, on slope, level cross or signal cross RSI.
Added menu for show, hide levels and signal.

kvak wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:29 am Little upgraded RSI from here...viewtopic.php?p=1295405646#p1295405646
Whats new...MTF with AHTF, 3 type for coloring, on slope, level cross or signal cross RSI.
Awesome as always! :problem: :thumbup:
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
kvak
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

kvak wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:29 am Little upgraded RSI from here...viewtopic.php?p=1295405646#p1295405646
Does it work on Beatlemania? viewtopic.php?f=578267&t=8474681
(I calmed it down a bit and ... behold) It might...
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
Chickenspicy

whiplashtm wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:58 pm I've been playing around with this indicator for some time and were hoping you could update the code a little bit. The indicator uses by standard the SMA in it's calculation, so I'm wondering if it possible or even adviseble to give the indicator the option to choose between the different MA's as shown below. But as I'm a sucker for the OMA moving average, could it also be given the option to use this aswell (If it can't be an option alongside the other ma's, maybe just make it with only OMA)? I would also appreciate the option to choose between the different closing prices as shown. The last request would be giving it the OMA signal line. As a sidenote maybe there also is a better colourchanging slope calculation that can be used?

Much Appreciated!
Added all the averages with oma and the prices. Will add the signal line later.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
kvak, whiplashtm, simon_n3z, pipsquirrel, Chickenspicy