Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

s4jikian wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:59 am The big semafors (highest point/lowest point) does not confirm a trend change, it just indicates that a trend change might be coming, which is then confirmed by either the crossing of the trend lines (trend reversal) or the second dots(lower high / higher low).
So that is why when a new ZZ line is formed, we WAIT!!! for either the trend lines to cross or a second dot(s) to appear.

In the meantime while waiting, we can use other price action methods to determine if the trend is still continuing in it's current direction (divergences, rejections of the trendlines, etc)

Think of it this way.. don't use the semafors as 'signals' or 'arrows' to enter trades. When a semafor appears, it's just telling you that it's the current high/low at that point in time, which obviously it has no idea if the price will go higher or lower. From what I have learned, using the RSIMA cross / 50-level cross can give you extra confluences to entering a trade or not. Also, having some knowledge of price action will definitely help.

If you're having trouble, I'd suggest using the XU-v12 or previous versions first since it has both MAs and it's easier to see the whole thing. The v13 is still a blur to me, but I'm slowly getting the gist of it.

Experts in XARD's system please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

Hope this helps.
This is very well said. I think anyone confused how to trade Xard's system should read this or new members should read this post. Thanks alot
These users thanked the author KAESER444 for the post:
Timage
LIFE IS WAR

For those who are confused; forget all the rules.
Instead, take your own and make the best of them. Here is a simple chart; only 1 ZZ (repainter) and look at the next higher timeframe. You could for example trade HL to HH in a uptrend or LH to LL in a downtrend or in the technical language for the intellectual; trade the progression and not the regression. As always, it's just an example from me. Maybe you will discover your own.
Skyold

EDIT: And here is the naked chart (compressed)

These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 7):
xard777, XXXX, Musashi, fadhayemustafa, BenOscar, Mundu19, RodrigoRT7
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:33 am Hi @opita,

Thanks for the generous upload of the "latest" updated version of TrueTL MTF CCI :thumbup:

It's looking fantastic on the setup and now it shows how to take trades really clearly and even easier! :D :problem:
Just what we as traders need :Rofl:

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA

P.S. Download the lastest TrueTL MTF CCi version a few posts above everyone and add it to your charts replacing the older MTF CCI :)
If everyone is experimenting. Then me too. :) Based on BeatlemaniaSA's template. Everything setting value is unchanged compared to that, but I used the MACD-RSI adaptive indicator instead of TrueTL CCI and RSI MA BT mod.
It looks promising to me. I also attach the set file. The indicator has an MTF function, but I use the current time frame setting.
These users thanked the author Brett001 for the post (total 10):
annadurai, xard777, KosmosDaBas, Pikachu, kvak, yoki, BeatlemaniaSA, RobertPoznan, luo83868008, fxmoney

Musashi wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:47 pm Hi guys,

Many thanks to those who suggested new brokers for me to look at, much appreciated.

Still only trading AUS200 - following rules. Everything working as it should. Rinse and repeat. Fine-tuning my headspace is the main thing, as per my last updates.

Experiments on Demo 1:100 leverage is the only way I can replicate Xards massive 150% for a day. Not quite there, but trying. Thus the request for a broker offering higher leverage.

The first one is from last Friday. Second today & tonight.

Xard, question: If it is not too much to ask when you made the 150% day, what leverage were you using?
XARD: I use 1:100 with multiple trades to hit those targets, I like how you only trade AUS200, that is good, I am a strong believer that you should only trade the one instrument. That way you can learn how it moves and what are the best times that allow you to repeat profitable trading moves over and over again. Nice!

Hi Musashi, any chance that you could share your understanding of the rules?
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
Musashi, xard777, RodrigoRT7
nil desperandum

s4jikian wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:59 am The big semafors (highest point/lowest point) does not confirm a trend change, it just indicates that a trend change might be coming, which is then confirmed by either the crossing of the trend lines (trend reversal) or the second dots(lower high / higher low).
So that is why when a new ZZ line is formed, we WAIT!!! for either the trend lines to cross or a second dot(s) to appear.

In the meantime while waiting, we can use other price action methods to determine if the trend is still continuing in it's current direction (divergences, rejections of the trendlines, etc)

Think of it this way.. don't use the semafors as 'signals' or 'arrows' to enter trades. When a semafor appears, it's just telling you that it's the current high/low at that point in time, which obviously it has no idea if the price will go higher or lower. From what I have learned, using the RSIMA cross / 50-level cross can give you extra confluences to entering a trade or not. Also, having some knowledge of price action will definitely help.

If you're having trouble, I'd suggest using the XU-v12 or previous versions first since it has both MAs and it's easier to see the whole thing. The v13 is still a blur to me, but I'm slowly getting the gist of it.

Experts in XARD's system please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response! I think people are misinterpreting what I am saying. I know that the semafores will continue to repaint since that is what they're designed to do. My problem/question is the trading rules Xard is giving. In his example, he took 2 short trades that were against the bottom Orange ZZ line. Obviously, price can continue down and the orange ZZ will repaint which it did but according to Xard's rules which he quotes with every post "Orange ZZ is your Bias" so those short trades he recommended as potential trades would be invalid since you're not supposed to take trades against it (even though it repaints). I completely understand waiting for the trendline cross to confirm it's just the trades Xard and others are posting as successful trades are not valid in "real time." As I have stated before, I have read the thread all the way through 2 times now and have been here for over a year but no one has addressed this specific issue.

Thanks everyone!!

XARD: You are 100% correct, I get it now. The trades taken on smaller TFs are as you say invalid ones as they go against the larger TF and it is these trades that are confusing so many people. Don't get me wrong, I use the Orange ZZ line on the 30m TF as my main goto Bias for seeing the greater picture but I can't help myself for not wanting to collect additional Pip$ alone the way on the smaller TFs. After all it is the same process being played out on a smaller fractal. In future I will only post valid trades off the 30m. This should stop the confusion.
These users thanked the author harveyspecter for the post (total 9):
xard777, Musashi, BeatlemaniaSA, fadhayemustafa, gamerredd, Trinisan, XXXX, Toad Fish, RodrigoRT7

harveyspecter wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:18 pm Thank you for your response! I think people are misinterpreting what I am saying. I know that the semafores will continue to repaint since that is what they're designed to do. My problem/question is the trading rules Xard is giving. In his example, he took 2 short trades that were against the bottom Orange ZZ line. Obviously, price can continue down and the orange ZZ will repaint which it did but according to Xard's rules which he quotes with every post "Orange ZZ is your Bias" so those short trades he recommended as potential trades would be invalid since you're not supposed to take trades against it (even though it repaints). I completely understand waiting for the trendline cross to confirm it's just the trades Xard and others are posting as successful trades are not valid in "real time." As I have stated before, I have read the thread all the way through 2 times now and have been here for over a year but no one has addressed this specific issue.

Thanks everyone!!
The last line of Xards footer says "After a new Orange ZZ line appears, WAIT! for price to cross the Trend line to confirm a change in the Trend Cycle.". But obviously, that could sometimes be a long wait. As the title says "XARD - Simple Trend Following System" and if you step back to your higher time frame chart and says the trend is down and there is a clear channel it makes sense to sell off the peaks.

Something I have been thinking for some time is what is better a new system every few weeks or stick with something that works and learn it well.

Sorry Dan, not criticizing what you do just putting forward a suggestion. It is a simple system when you understand it but a clear well-defined and comprehensive set of rules on how to trade it would help a lot of people.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
xard777, fadhayemustafa, gamerredd, Skyold
nil desperandum

harveyspecter wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:18 pm Thank you for your response! I think people are misinterpreting what I am saying. I know that the semafores will continue to repaint since that is what they're designed to do. My problem/question is the trading rules Xard is giving. In his example, he took 2 short trades that were against the bottom Orange ZZ line. Obviously, price can continue down and the orange ZZ will repaint which it did but according to Xard's rules which he quotes with every post "Orange ZZ is your Bias" so those short trades he recommended as potential trades would be invalid since you're not supposed to take trades against it (even though it repaints). I completely understand waiting for the trendline cross to confirm it's just the trades Xard and others are posting as successful trades are not valid in "real time." As I have stated before, I have read the thread all the way through 2 times now and have been here for over a year but no one has addressed this specific issue.

Thanks everyone!!

XARD: You are 100% correct, I get it now. The trades taken on smaller TFs are as you say invalid ones as they go against the larger TF and it is these trades that are confusing so many people. Don't get me wrong, I use the Orange ZZ line on the 30m TF as my main goto Bias for seeing the greater picture but I can't help myself for not wanting to collect additional Pip$ alone the way on the smaller TFs. After all it is the same process being played out on a smaller fractal. In future I will only post valid trades off the 30m. This should stop the confusion.
There is a saying " EVERY trade is against the TREND" , ALL depends on which time frame you are looking at! There are pullback trades, reversal trades, counter trend trades!
Xard's system can be used to trade any of those methods! You just need to understand how zigzags work, how semafores work, how they can and will repaint, DON'T use them as immediate signals to enter a trade!
Understand Xard's system is designed to work in market cycles of highs and lows ( semafores and zigzags), a confirmation signal (trend line crossing, 2nd dot), a safety ( Open line - buy signals above and sell signals below), an entry signal ( RSIOMA, VQZL, TDI-RT, RSI-MA cross, trend line cross, candle color change), and EXIT signal ( white ZZ line, Fibo 38.2% or 61.8%, Murrey Math).
I can undestand how people are getting confused by higher time frame orange ZZ line, WHEN a NEW orange ZZ lines forms in the higher time frame, you have two options:
1) WAIT - wait until trend line cross and/or 2nd dot to confirm the ZZ line has stopped "GROWING" or repainting! then start to take entrries based off the orange zz line ( less risk)
2) Ignore the "NEW" orange ZZ line - whilist the new zz is yet to finish "GROWING", you can continue to take signals and trades from the previous orange zz line stop.
In either case a knowledge of the instrument you are trading ( how it behaves, how it moves and how much, how it correlates EG. if crude oil goes up, USDCAD drops, if interest rate goes up, gold drops, bond yield increases gold drops, AUDUSD up USDCAD down etc), the time of the day ( which market session Asian, London, NY), the position of that instrument ( close to support or resistance?, reached max daily ADR? or maxed out weekly ADR?), any major news release? ( NFP? Int. Rate? CPI? ) etc etc ... will allow you higher % win rate.
As was said earlier trade the progression, not the regression
These users thanked the author aneek229 for the post (total 10):
humbatov, BeatlemaniaSA, sudhindragk, oskar656, XXXX, dansmol, Mundu19, Timage, TradeXtra, RodrigoRT7