Re: BeatlemaniaSA's XU-Hybrid Trading System

trailingedge wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:03 pm My interpretation. Please correct if I am on the wrong track...
M15 Gold/USD
Absolutely correct @trailingedge! Well done :thumbup: . ONLY take trades in the direction of the trend (be it large or small). Make your trading life simple and profitable NOT stressful and unprofitable :)

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 2):
trailingedge, Boobligoom
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:47 pm rules
Thanks, man, now we are actually getting somewhere (and - by the look of it - fast, too)
I think there may be some amendments that could be helpful:
I hope you don't mind me asking (if you do: just ignore the post):
a) What sort of entries do you use? Limit-orders? Where and Why? Entry at market? Why?
b) SL? TP? Where? Why?
c) What lot size? Percentage of capital? Fixed amount? Varying amount? Why?

Why dare I ask?
The more fine-tuning (of the system), the easier it will be for beginners (because discretionary can also mean: making more mistakes)

josi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:21 pm Thanks, man, now we are actually getting somewhere (and - by the look of it - fast, too) :) Definitely
I think there may be some amendments that could be helpful:
I hope you don't mind me asking (if you do: just ignore the post): As I've said before I truly appreciate your insight and thoughtful comments :)

a) What sort of entries do you use? Limit-orders? Where and Why? Entry at market? Why?
I generally use Market Execution's as I like to be in front of the charts when I place an order. Haha, that's just me :sweat:
I'll need to improve my PA chart reading skills a bit more for the others ;)

b) SL? TP? Where? Why?
My SL generally I place below or above the low or high of the semaphore that appeared before the entry signal. TP is based on my target monetary goal for the day or where I think the market may go that day. It varies. Maybe just for that day I want to take a quick trade and "take some money off the table" :Rofl:

c) What lot size? Percentage of capital? Fixed amount? Varying amount? Why?
Lot size at the moment on Indices is the minimum allowed by my broker i.e. 1 I don't use % of Capital. However, depending on my equity levels I will be changing the lot sizes. For me it's NOT about HOW MANY pips but rather the quality of the pips. So for example I can either go in at 1 Lot size knowing I'll get 50 pips or go in at 2-3 Lot sizes knowing I'll still get the 50 pips.

Why dare I ask?
Because by asking we learn and adapt and by knowing the answers we can further better ourselves and those around us :)

The more fine-tuning (of the system), the easier it will be for beginners (because discretionary can also mean: making more mistakes)
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 6):
josi, rudiarius, viklam, DaveTrader, edandy, Dracula

My currently running trades on US500 and US2000...
All the success to you guys today :Fire: :problem: :thumbup:

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA

UPDATE: A large green semaphore was flashing on the screen indicating a possible reversal soon and combined with the upturn of the indicators in the sub-window it looked a distinct possibility so I closed my trades and took my profit :) Now we wait for the next opportunity...waiting for London Open
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 3):
trailingedge, josi, s4jikian

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:25 pm UPDATE: A large green semaphore was flashing on the screen indicating a possible reversal soon and combined with the upturn of the indicators in the sub-window it looked a distinct possibility so I closed my trades and took my profit :) Now we wait for the next opportunity...waiting for London Open
very good reaction, I think - but: what now? Did you re-enter at London Open?

update: H1
it will be interesting to see if and how long this will hold
Attachments

Used you chart for trading today and also played with some variations. Actually the results were very good.
I put the RSX Range Extension into the subwindow of the RSI ma , replacing the MA.. The RSX Range Extension is actually a very good indicator.
The dotted line is a simple MA 144 for reference. Above that I trade only long and vice versa.
I also use Trendenvelopes which pretty much draw like Trendlines with this setting.
Just my 3 Cents as an alternative view. I understand that this wanders away from your original chart.

.......Period 3, MA Method 2
I use original setting
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 5):
josi, mucumba, kvak, Xanadu, specialkey

josi wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:06 pm very good reaction, I think - but: what now? Did you re-enter at London Open?
Still reviewing...and I have to go to work soon :sweat: So I'll review it all again when I have free time between clients ;)

Have a great day guys :thumbup:

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
josi

RplusT wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:15 pm Used you chart for trading today and also played with some variations. Actually the results were very good.
I put the RSX Range Extension into the sub-window of the RSI ma , replacing the MA.. The RSX Range Extension is actually a very good indicator.
The dotted line is a simple MA 144 for reference. Above that I trade only long and vice versa.
I also use Trend envelopes which pretty much draw like Trendlines with this setting.
Just my 3 Cents as an alternative view. I understand that this wanders away from your original chart.
Hi @RplusT,

No this is exactly what we want! Members to experiment and constantly strive to improve the setups (for the benefit of ALL :)) I want my setup to be the framework around which each member can build their setup that brings them the most PIP$ :sweat:

If you do add any other indicators do not hesitate to share it with the members and the template as well so that they can try it out. This will enable them to give good feedback about what works for them and what doesn't. Just as you took my template and enhanced it for your style of trading. :)

Well done :thumbup:

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 2):
charli, specialkey