Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

harveyspecter wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:53 am Hey, thank you for your helpful trading tips yesterday!! One of things you mentioned is that you get out of the trade once a large semafor appears. The only problem I see when doing that is that a large semafor will appear but price will keep going so what happens is that I am out of the trade but trade just continues to profit. Obviously, it looks good to TP once the larger semafor shows up in hindsight but in real time a lot of profit ends up being missed. Thank you
I also have this problem with this way exit of trade. The price always pushes the semaphore in front of itself. ::( So when should I exit now? So it looks good on screenshots, the situation is quite different during use and movement. That’s why I prefer TP, with the good old RR 1: 2.

harveyspecter wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:53 am Hey, thank you for your helpful trading tips yesterday!! One of things you mentioned is that you get out of the trade once a large semafor appears. The only problem I see when doing that is that a large semafor will appear but price will keep going so what happens is that I am out of the trade but trade just continues to profit. Obviously, it looks good to TP once the larger semafor shows up in hindsight but in real time a lot of profit ends up being missed. Thank you
I am sorry that you got that misconception from somewhere..... I hope I have mentioned somewhere to place TPs 50 pips apart....... Leave it... look at the following trade in which I have placed my Trades and TPs...... I have set and Forget it...... You can follow this method of using round numbers for your TPs each being 25/50/75 etc. pips apart.... No Guessing.... Just let it free and let it do its job...

PS: once my 2nd target is reached... I put SL to Breakeven and look for more entries.....
Attachments
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 4):
satyafx, BeatlemaniaSA, aneek229, StuartWong

Mustafa wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:24 am I am sorry that you got that misconception from somewhere..... I hope I have mentioned somewhere to place TPs 50 pips apart....... Leave it... look at the following trade in which I have placed my Trades and TPs...... I have set and Forget it...... You can follow this method of using round numbers for your TPs each being 25/50/75 etc. pips apart.... No Guessing.... Just let it free and let it do its job...

PS: once my 2nd target is reached... I put SL to Breakeven and look for more entries.....
Ok, so when would you finally be completely out of trade?

Mustafa wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:24 am No Guessing.... Just let it free and let it do its job...
Beautifully clear as daylight Mustafa :thumbup: Thanks for this :)

And so it starts...:)

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 4):
Mustafa, dansmol, RodrigoRT7, StuartWong
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

Mustafa wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:17 am yup.... it is as simple as that.... and your charts have a lovely look.... ....... Mine are simpler...... keep it up....
Hi Mustafa,

Hmmm....my sub window seems to quite different on the H4 using the template you supplied :think:

The picture in the above post is with your initial setting for the RSI and the CCI on the H1 chart. I did not change any of the settings of the indicators in the Swing Trade template.

Do I need to change them to your initial settings that I am using on the H1 chart and below?

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post:
dansmol

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:37 am Hi Mustafa,

Hmmm....my sub window seems to quite different on the H4 using the template you supplied :think:

The picture in the above post is with your initial setting for the RSI and the CCI on the H1 chart. I did not change any of the settings of the indicators in the Swing Trade template.

Do I need to change them to your initial settings that I am using on the H1 chart and below?

Warmest regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
No no no no.... Don't touch anything...... that is indeed the Prize Test Template.... I do not want to use that swing trading system in this forum because it is differently oriented....... However, let me show you the same trade on Swing Trades........ Just note the divergence on botth CCI and RSI......... This is kind of risky divergence, but we will come to divergence later at some other time and when it is safe to take a trade based on divergence...
Attachments
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 4):
BeatlemaniaSA, dansmol, KAESER444, StuartWong

Mustafa wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:02 am No no no no.... Don't touch anything...... that is indeed the Prize Test Template.... I do not want to use that swing trading system in this forum because it is differently oriented....... However, let me show you the same trade on Swing Trades........ Just note the divergence on botth CCI and RSI......... This is kind of risky divergence, but we will come to divergence later at some other time and when it is safe to take a trade based on divergence...
Understood :) :thumbup: