Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

marwilli wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:37 am dear mrtools,
is it possible to use the last version of kvak viewtopic.php?p=1295454537#p1295454537
to add the averages?

thanks in advanced :)
greetings Markus
Added all the averages.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 11):
thomdel, kvak, marwilli, talaate, 太虚一毫, viklam, josi, Thangarasu, stond, RodrigoRT7, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:42 am Added an atr band option.
Hi MrTools,

could it be possible please to refresh this one and add all pricing options? (or any other features you might consider as being good, the more options are avaiable the better the fine-tuning is)

For my fellow traders: this seems to be the best indicator when dealing with insane zigzag nature of some markets (like last 2 months of eurusd) on 1M chart. I tried almost everything, with MAMA coming a 2nd close but still vulnerable to violent prices changes. All other trend-following indis more or less yield very similar results and fail time to time when markets start to range furiously. My metrics of evaluating trending indicators is, how often it happens to have 4-5 opposite signals in a very short period, which is always a big account hit. 1M chart + pair like EU does have one strong ranging day at least once every 2 weeks (but often more). This one does change signals soooo rarely compared to every other one even if the price is oscillating 30-40 pips in a matter of minutes/spikes suddenly 25-30 pips only to drop again and also sometimes produces a "perfect signal" (reverse signal when price is ending its short-term retracement after intraday trend change, e.g. when price drops it gives signal on top of the first retracement wave and minimizes the risk exposure). It still takes a lot of time to find the proper values for the pair with trial and error and adjust the MM (i use the great Forex-station trade manager EA for that) but it is possible, while with all the other indicators i came to conclusion, that they can't handle certain money movements no matter how i try to fine-tune settings.

Recent EU price movements on low timeframes are a make-or-break for trend indicators as the price is locked in a narrow range and that type of price action is the hardest one to trade. Bad time for trading, great time for getting prepared for another ranging wave and optimizing the trading system.

p.s. filter period and size is essential for this one to work, a non-filtered evwma can't handle increased noise and falls in line with every other more advanced MA-based indi.
These users thanked the author mades for the post:
optionhk

mades wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:11 am Hi MrTools,

could it be possible please to refresh this one and add all pricing options? (or any other features you might consider as being good, the more options are avaiable the better the fine-tuning is)

For my fellow traders: this seems to be the best indicator when dealing with insane zigzag nature of some markets (like last 2 months of eurusd) on 1M chart. I tried almost everything, with MAMA coming a 2nd close but still vulnerable to violent prices changes. All other trend-following indis more or less yield very similar results and fail time to time when markets start to range furiously. My metrics of evaluating trending indicators is, how often it happens to have 4-5 opposite signals in a very short period, which is always a big account hit. 1M chart + pair like EU does have one strong ranging day at least once every 2 weeks (but often more). This one does change signals soooo rarely compared to every other one even if the price is oscillating 30-40 pips in a matter of minutes/spikes suddenly 25-30 pips only to drop again and also sometimes produces a "perfect signal" (reverse signal when price is ending its short-term retracement after intraday trend change, e.g. when price drops it gives signal on top of the first retracement wave and minimizes the risk exposure). It still takes a lot of time to find the proper values for the pair with trial and error and adjust the MM (i use the great Forex-station trade manager EA for that) but it is possible, while with all the other indicators i came to conclusion, that they can't handle certain money movements no matter how i try to fine-tune settings.

Recent EU price movements on low timeframes are a make-or-break for trend indicators as the price is locked in a narrow range and that type of price action is the hardest one to trade. Bad time for trading, great time for getting prepared for another ranging wave and optimizing the trading system.

p.s. filter period and size is essential for this one to work, a non-filtered evwma can't handle increased noise and falls in line with every other more advanced MA-based indi.
Which indicator is that?

marcoaq91 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:21 am Hello to all members and happy new year.

Quick question, is there an updated moving average indicator with all 40+ average types and all price options? I tried to find one in this thread but couldn't find it.

Thank you for your time!
This is the latest i have.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 5):
marcoaq91, GetThere, GoldenBrett90, 太虚一毫, DaffyTaffy

mades wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:11 am Hi MrTools,

Great observation.What size would you please suggest based on your trial and error efforts? Thanks.