Re: What is going on here?

Deez wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:28 pm Different brokers..same strat, same tf, same indicators, same settings..can someone explain this???
Explaining? No way. I use two Australian brokers who are sometimes virtually worlds apart. 20,30, 40 pips difference.....the worst was a 100 pip drop out of nowhere on one but nobody else showed that. I spare you the explanation of that broker except "Oh, bla bla bla....our clients can apply to sort this out...". And the list goes on. That's for me the difficult part in retail trading. The rest is pretty easy. I usually keep 3 brokers open...at least one from Europe...to compare and see what's going on. Any suggestions are welcome.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Deez

Flavio Esteves wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:23 pm Did you ask one broker or another what is the reason for these huge differences? Usually they say it's different liquidity providers. EURUSD should be kinda the same with all brokers, weird.
You'll never get to the bottom of this. Sometimes I ask myself, are we trading the same markets or is it just a virtual reality.
Camparing the DAX wth three brokers right now. One quotes 13514, the other 13519 and the third 13503 at the same time. The one with the highest quote broke the bottom downwards first. Go figure. The otther two followed later.
The consequences: Different signals with the same Indicators (that's why I hardly use any. Secondly, imagine you are using an EA and keep wondering.......

Brokers get their prices from their liquidity providers. They add their spread and then offer it to you, so they are market makers with their own prices (market) and won't be exactly the same as any other broker unless they are providing you with Direct Market Access on a separate DMA platform.

Brokers tend to use the same host of liquidity providers (Banks, Hedge funds, Pension funds, etc) and so their prices tend to be fairly closely related until times of volatility when there will be a scramble as whole handles get bought or sold at once.

In relation to the actual underlying market you will usually find the actual market price and the broker price will dance around each other within 5 or 10 pip/tick, never resting, never one always leading and the other lagging. In times of high volatility the difference will widen considerably due to price unavailability but not usually for very long.
These users thanked the author Ogee for the post:
Deez

Deez wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:28 pm Different brokers..same strat, same tf, same indicators, same settings..can someone explain this???
maybe those are volume based indis?
Sometimes the indis also use the amount of candles available in history. If this number is different in different mt4 then calculation values will be different.
These users thanked the author shaileshm for the post:
Deez
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.