Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

So I included RSI 3 and 9 in MTF mode from H4. The 4H crosses of the two RSI is itself a very strong trade signal. The concept comes from Cristina Ciurea (Scientific Forex) which is based on 5 and 14 RSI crossover trade signal on 4H. For faster signals on lower timeframe I reduced it to 3 and 9. For inclusion of daily timeframe to have a clearer view of the bigger picture, I included Daily CCI in MTF mode with setting of 5.
Hi, thank you for the setup, could you tell us why? you choose CCI Daily, instead of H4 like the RSI?, you said "to get a clearer view of the bigger picture", I wonder if you "tested" that setup vs CCI H4?...

NewLight wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:44 am Hi, thank you for the setup, could you tell us why? you choose CCI Daily, instead of H4 like the RSI?, you said "to get a clearer view of the bigger picture", I wonder if you "tested" that setup vs CCI H4?...
That wouldn't have served our purpose in getting a broader multi timeframe view of the market from the bigger perspective..... I needed something which could give me an indication of market sentiment on the daily level.... If I change that to 4H, I wouldn't know the change in Daily timeframe's trend/sentiment.. Having more than one indicators from the same timeframe would only add to confusion which won't help in making clearer trading decisions.... Does it seem like a logical reason to you?
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 5):
Sarj, NewLight, BeatlemaniaSA, errol, satyafx

Mustafa wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:03 am That wouldn't have served our purpose in getting a broader multi timeframe view of the market from the bigger perspective..... I needed something which could give me an indication of market sentiment on the daily level.... If I change that to 4H, I wouldn't know the change in Daily timeframe's trend/sentiment.. Having more than one indicators from the same timeframe would only add to confusion which won't help in making clearer trading decisions.... Does it seem like a logical reason to you?
Really not, thinking if I trade the 15 Min timeframe, the daily timeframe "sentiment' is to far away, anyway, Thank You again...
screenshot, Top CCI Daily, bottom CCI 4 H...15Min TF

Mustafa wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:31 am There is some bitterness in the forum due to someone's not sharing something that looks shiny....... But there are always better things out there...... Let him be whatever he chooses to be...... I am sharing a piece of my own work which is hopefully as good if not better than that... I hope you would all benefit from that...... Combined with XARD's semafor, it is an absolute market killer when the signal is verified by both the crossover and the background CCI indicator...... Let it be my little New Year gift to XARD for his invaluable work over the last couple of years......
The best things are usually priceless so they have no price tag attached to them.... You can combine it with any XARD version....

Hey, quick question! Do you enter only when the MTF CCi is the same direction as the rsi crossover? For example, only blue for buys and red for sells? Also, since the MTF rsi is set to 240, do you wait for a any amount of time to confirm once you see the lines cross just to make sure the signal is valid? Thank you so much for this wonderful indicator!!
These users thanked the author harveyspecter for the post:
KAESER444

harveyspecter wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:42 am Hey, quick question! Do you enter only when the MTF CCi is the same direction as the rsi crossover? For example, only blue for buys and red for sells? Also, since the MTF rsi is set to 240, do you wait for a any amount of time to confirm once you see the lines cross just to make sure the signal is valid? Thank you so much for this wonderful indicator!!
The earliest confirmation from CCI comes when it changes shades............ More confirmation comes when the slope becomes visibly biased toward up or down side.... and you know the trend has changed when it moves above or below zero and adopts the opposite color and slope on the other side of the zero line......... Let everything build synergy together. They won't shout buy or sell....... They would give you the background in which you could use 2nd dots as entries criteria with each accompanying RSI cross...
These users thanked the author Mustafa for the post (total 3):
BeatlemaniaSA, KAESER444, satyafx