Re: Block MT4 Updates to protect indicators from future MT4 Updates

i am now working towards moving from metatrader to the fix protocol, i think?

i remember that sandbox update thing several years ago and if i remember correctly my bot just stopped working and it demanded that i do an update.

what if i had been on an extended vacation and i was depending on my trading bot to keep functioning? i would have been screwed.

if i remember correctly, it took me the better part of a day to get my stuff back up and running, lol..

i have HATED metatrader since that day..

have they not heard of "backwards compatible"?

and i HATE that they choose to advertise their garbage bots in the MARKET tab and their CODEBASE in the codebase tab..
my trading terminal is not for them to run a banner advertisements.

every other time i accidentally click on market tab, my entire computer crashes.

i can hardly wait to be able to toss metatrader into the trash bin where it belongs.

if i am able to get setup with this fix protocol, my needs are very basic... i need to be able to read my account stats(balance, equity, margin) and i need to be able to read my open trades and i need to be able to open and close a trade... if i can do that using C language from the shell, i will be so happy.
These users thanked the author ziggy for the post:
ChuChu Rocket

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:10 am God I hate the Metaquotes Market or whatever it's called. The abundance of cheesy names are an outright embarrassment.

Confirmed. Another Mortal Kombat logo used :lmao:
i can almost promise you that there is no difference between the $30k bots and the $100 bots on the market tab.

i can also promise you that they are simply code that is wrapped around moving averages and the basic indicators.

basically metaquotes is scamming us all.

a few years back, i did some reading on their mql4.com forum to see what was involved in getting a bot listed on that market tab, NOT THAT I WOULD EVER SELL MY WORK ON THERE, FFS, but i just did some looking around i got the distinct impression that your average guy cant get his stuff listed on the market tab..

i strongly suspect that ALL of those bots on the market tab are sold IN-HOUSE by the metaquotes personnel.

the whole thing leaves me feeling embarassed that i have spent so much time learning their terminal.
These users thanked the author ziggy for the post:
Jimmy

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:10 am God I hate the Metaquotes Market or whatever it's called. The abundance of cheesy names are an outright embarrassment.

Confirmed. Another Mortal Kombat logo used :lmao:
They love using the Mortal Kombat logo. Remember old mate who fell for the Alnotrade Scam? The Dragonscalper got him!
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

TEAMTRADER wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:08 pm A Mouthwatering prospect
Jimmy wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:14 amRemember old mate who fell for the Alnotrade Scam? The Dragonscalper got him!
no it wasnt........ it was the HOT SUMMER DEALS
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

metatrader has a "MAILBOX" tab where they could send to us a link to their website and then they could put all of that marketplace and codebase nonsense on their website.

and they could learn what BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE means, meaning that upgrades should NEVER cause our bots to stop working... please notice that i have no interest to negotiate this issue.. if they are going to do things that BREAK my bots, i is gonna be very disappointed in the metaquotes company.

there should never have been an upgrade to metatrader 5, we had no need for such an upgrade.. they created mql5 solely because they were showboating and showing off as programmers, they were trying to show us how fancy of tricks they could pull offf.. well, i was not amused... mt4 worked beautifully and that is where we should have stayed... they only complicated things by releasing mt5

a trading application should run in a MISSION CRITICAL FASHION, similar to life support systems... IT SHOULD NEVER NEVER NEVER BREAK DOWN.

to me, it seems almost like a CONFLICT OF INTEREST for metaquotes to produce this trading terminal AND they are also scamming us with $30k trading bots.

this could be the downfall of metatrader, it could push metatrader out of business and such a transition could take place almost overnight.

goodbye metatrader and goodbye metaquotes.

i am hoping that when i learn this FIX PROTOCOL thingy that it is maybe a fairly standard thing from broker to broker and that way i can write a shell program in C or any other language and it will be portable from one broker to the next.

maybe somebody could create a gui to interface with the fix protocol?

i was recently asked that if i am not here to share my software then what am i doing in a trading forum?

well, for example, i might want to discuss with other traders this issue about metatarded and it's backwards compatibility issues.

see? trading forums are not ONLY for sharing software.

i also hope to meet like minded people that might have some hands on experience with getting plugged into liquidity providers.

please note that when i speak of liquidity providers, i am not talking about plugging into oanda, ffs.. omg no... i want to discuss liquidity providers until i am purple and i have a thorough understanding of who is really really really the core backbone of our world's banking pipeline.

I'm about to use the mortal combat logo... Now, I changed my mind ; )─
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
ChuChu Rocket
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─