Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

harveyspecter wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:50 am Can you give any input on how you are trading Xards system? thanks
Sure, but it's more than just how. Much of this system is gained in knowledge by reading from post #1 and seeing the answers from other people's questions. Most questions have already been answered and then some. It helps to see this to better know when to enter beyond just the second dot or cross of trend. Figuring out what makes a second dot system effective comes with time. One way I gained more knowledge on this was reading more about Gartley patterns.

For me, I ended up with a slightly modified version of the Xard system based on my personal preferences, not necessarily efficacy. For my entries I don't look for just one thing, it's a combination of confluences. Most of my confluences are gained from experience by just watching how the chart flows and reacts in certain situations. I usually do enter in after second dots and/or trend crosses, but it's the experience confluences that really help me choose which to take.

This is the discovery process I followed:
1. Read this entire thread. If you don't understand what is being said then Google it, learn it, and continue.
2. Pick one of the versions along the way that feel the best for you. Most if not all can be profitable, just personal preference.
3. Actively watch that version in action for a couple of weeks. See how price moves tick by tick to certain points illustrated by that version.
4. If you want to add/remove indicators I'd do it slowly and watch again. Also, don't add an indicator unless you know well why it does what it does. Following arrows usually won't help you in the long run unless you know why it appeared.
5. Once you have a system version that feels good then stop. There may be a new version or new indicators that pop up, but just stick with one setup for a while.
6. Write a trading plan. How YOU will determine an entry, exit, and stoploss. See how you can fit in the 'Don't be greedy' advice to your plan and become profitable.
7. I believe in trading with a real account even from the start. In the beginning you can do very small lots, but still feel like you are actually winning or losing a trade.
8. Practice like this until you are profitable for an amount of time that you are comfortable with.
9. Start trading with higher amounts, many suggest 1% risk.
10. Continual improvement - Update your setup to make your successful trading plan easier. If you change something more fundamental to your setup I'd start back at step 3.

This may not be the answer some people want to hear from me, but this is the journey I took.
Below is a chart I made from this morning showing one thing I might look for. Usually I have been trading the 5m TF, this just came up today on the 1m and it looked good for me and my plan.
These users thanked the author Kavokane for the post (total 4):
XXXX, kowal81, Castle73, tvhh94

Channel lines are added back in...
I will make trading off the 1hr Trend on the 5min chart optional in the menu section.
Available for d/l on Xmas Day
Xard777
Attachments
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

XARD,

The ratio 1:6 is good so if you can do the same : 5m/30m would be good enough.

1hR is bit too much for indices in my opinion.

Regards
SK

XARD: On the 1hr TF the Red/Green Dot is default set to 12 which on 5m = 1hr/5m = 12 times 12 = 144 which = the Orange ZZ on the 5m
i.e. The 1hr Red/Green Dots are in sync with the 5m Orange ZZ line.
These users thanked the author sudhindragk for the post (total 4):
Musashi, samxtrader, gamerredd, aneek229

Kavokane wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:21 am Sure, but it's more than just how. Much of this system is gained in knowledge by reading from post #1 and seeing the answers from other people's questions. Most questions have already been answered and then some. It helps to see this to better know when to enter beyond just the second dot or cross of trend. Figuring out what makes a second dot system effective comes with time. One way I gained more knowledge on this was reading more about Gartley patterns.

For me, I ended up with a slightly modified version of the Xard system based on my personal preferences, not necessarily efficacy. For my entries I don't look for just one thing, it's a combination of confluences. Most of my confluences are gained from experience by just watching how the chart flows and reacts in certain situations. I usually do enter in after second dots and/or trend crosses, but it's the experience confluences that really help me choose which to take.

This is the discovery process I followed:
1. Read this entire thread. If you don't understand what is being said then Google it, learn it, and continue.
2. Pick one of the versions along the way that feel the best for you. Most if not all can be profitable, just personal preference.
3. Actively watch that version in action for a couple of weeks. See how price moves tick by tick to certain points illustrated by that version.
4. If you want to add/remove indicators I'd do it slowly and watch again. Also, don't add an indicator unless you know well why it does what it does. Following arrows usually won't help you in the long run unless you know why it appeared.
5. Once you have a system version that feels good then stop. There may be a new version or new indicators that pop up, but just stick with one setup for a while.
6. Write a trading plan. How YOU will determine an entry, exit, and stoploss. See how you can fit in the 'Don't be greedy' advice to your plan and become profitable.
7. I believe in trading with a real account even from the start. In the beginning you can do very small lots, but still feel like you are actually winning or losing a trade.
8. Practice like this until you are profitable for an amount of time that you are comfortable with.
9. Start trading with higher amounts, many suggest 1% risk.
10. Continual improvement - Update your setup to make your successful trading plan easier. If you change something more fundamental to your setup I'd start back at step 3.

This may not be the answer some people want to hear from me, but this is the journey I took.
Below is a chart I made from this morning showing one thing I might look for. Usually I have been trading the 5m TF, this just came up today on the 1m and it looked good for me and my plan.

Thank you! I have already read the thread all the way through twice in the last year!! Everyone seems to say to enter after 2nd dot on the trendline change but I seem to keep getting stopped out because price will reverse and indicators move so it looks good in hindsight. Any advice for exits? That would be a huge help! thank you. I also can private message you if you prefer.

harveyspecter wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:55 am Thank you! I have already read the thread all the way through twice in the last year!! Everyone seems to say to enter after 2nd dot on the trendline change but I seem to keep getting stopped out because price will reverse and indicators move so it looks good in hindsight. Any advice for exits? That would be a huge help! thank you. I also can private message you if you prefer.
Have you tried using a Simulator? Also zoom out your charts and change to a longer time frame to get the bigger picture of what is going on. Look at the bigger Semfores and how they behave with the trend. Then look at your lower time frames, keep in mind the last big Semafore Dot may move further.

Also if you are getting stopped out is your stop too close?

Look at taking profit when the new White ZZ line appears, either get out immediately or be ready to close when price stalls.

This may also help.

These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 2):
Kavokane, ParallelNative
nil desperandum

Dear XARD!
I have a problem with the new v11 version as long as the market movement is low, ticks are coming slowly, it works well, but if there is intense movement (e.g. opening in New York) a lot of ticks arrive, my computer slows down terribly. The MT4 responds to every mouse click 20-30 seconds later, simply NOT USABLE! :(
Config: Intel i5-6500, 16 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 Pro.

! ! ! -MT4 X-TMA CHANNEL-01

I have some questions about this indicator:

please can you tell me when the red or blue bars appear, whether they stay or disappear again?

Couldn't an EA open a position at the 3rd bar and exit again when the 2nd bar of the other color appears

I have set setting 3.2 for both bands - is this correct or incorrect?

Thank you very much for the help!!!

normannasty wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:30 am Dear Guys,

What is T1MA and S1MA in xard system? What kind of moving average is that?

brn
Finally I figured out its an EMA with median price.
I want to show the 2 tf higher EMA on my trading chart. I want to see the 15M timeframe Xards 3 EMA on the 1 minute chart. Its 3x15 = 45 EMA but its show different than on the 15M TF.
I using allaveages indi for that.
Please look the pictures 2nd is the 15M between the lines the the 3 ema is pink. Then on the 1 minute chart look the red ema line its red before and after the 2 red vertical lines.
Has someone idea why its not showing the same?
Attachments