Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Hi coders,

Would it be possible to allow these indicators to leave "history" when they repaint? I would like that these semafors print on the chart and don't erase after a new high or low is reached. This, in order to backtest strategies like "Only take trades on the direction of the 576 period semafor". I believe that it could help many of us to better understand how it works and how we could get advantage of it.

Thank you.

oskar656 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:27 am Hi coders,

Would it be possible to allow these indicators to leave "history" when they repaint? I would like that these semafors print on the chart and don't erase after a new high or low is reached. This, in order to backtest strategies like "Only take trades on the direction of the 576 period semafor". I believe that it could help many of us to better understand how it works and how we could get advantage of it.

Thank you.
Coders would need the source code to be able to do anything.

whiplashtm wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:42 am Hi, is it possible to update directional volatility with the option to use the latest averages and prices? And would it be possible to "replace" the stdev calculation with mladens EMA deviation calclulation, and/or give the option to choose different averages for the deviation aswell (it's using SMA as standard). It would've been nice to have the indicator showing up on the entire charthistory aswell (probably because of the extcountbars code?).

Much appreciated. Take care.
Posted a version here Volatility indicators