NO LINKS OR MQL SOURCE CODE REQUESTS. Please follow the rules.

Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:20 am
Please understand not knocking or anything, just wondering how to use this in trading? To me looks like if anything the colors are backwards.
The indicator displays two volatility lines – bullish and bearish ones. It is calculated with the standard deviation from a mean of the last X Period, made of distance between the last Close with the High/Low depending of the direction (short or long curves).

It's by no means a very special indicator - what's interesting is how it behaves in non-trending conditions - with minimal lag to how fast it react to fluctations. I'm hoping the EMA deviation will further improve the lag (not by much - but might be worth it - as it's faster than the original stdev).
I hope I can use it in my volatility based trading system - it shows promising results - I could see this improved with better tweaking options.

(You can change colors in the indicator settings)

Sincerely.
Directional volatility 1.png
Directional volatility 2.png

mrtools wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:40 am
Man the ink is barely dry in that one and it's already renamed. Look for "precision trend" it's by Mladen, there is a histo version here Precision trend
A_5 wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:44 am
I don't have any know how in these stuffs.
geeze............ desperate code thieves strike again!!!
coders-must-ex4-metatrader-indicators.gif
Contribution Inspector & GIF Animator at your service 👨‍⚖️

mrtools wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:40 am

@ mrtools

Respected Sir,

Request you to Please Add Bar Up & Bar Down Code / function to Thick Wick.mq4 Indi so that we will be able to see Borders around Bars.

Please do the needful. Please Keep File Name of New Mod Indi same as Original One. i.e. Thick Wick *

Attachment Pic for ref *

Thanks for your Time, Efforts, Generosity.
Thick Wick.mq4
(9.05 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Capture.jpg

Hi coders,

Would it be possible to allow these indicators to leave "history" when they repaint? I would like that these semafors print on the chart and don't erase after a new high or low is reached. This, in order to backtest strategies like "Only take trades on the direction of the 576 period semafor". I believe that it could help many of us to better understand how it works and how we could get advantage of it.

Thank you.
Request.png
XU v8-SEMAFOR rev002a.ex4
(41.5 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
XU v6-TR.ex4
(27.78 KiB) Downloaded 49 times

Austin3 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:03 am
Hi Mr Tools,
Could you make this indicator to work in MT4 again.
Is an old indicator and is good.
It looks like a decompiled mt4 built in macd/signal cross. The macd settings are possibly 12,16,and 20.

oskar656 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:27 am
Hi coders,

Would it be possible to allow these indicators to leave "history" when they repaint? I would like that these semafors print on the chart and don't erase after a new high or low is reached. This, in order to backtest strategies like "Only take trades on the direction of the 576 period semafor". I believe that it could help many of us to better understand how it works and how we could get advantage of it.

Thank you.
Coders would need the source code to be able to do anything.

1. Similar Topics

1. Support Resistance strategy & Ideas

13 Replies 4619 Views

by sal, Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:29 pm in Trading Systems

13 Replies
    2. Any ideas which "Volume" this is?

6 Replies 336 Views

by ionone, Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:09 am in MT4 Indicators

6 Replies
    3. Forex News Indicator MT4 and MT5

1 Replies 944 Views

by pruso, Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:14 pm in Commercial Services

1 Replies

Return to “MT4 Indicators”

Users viewing this forum: Adeolutee, Ahrefs [Bot], ALFASEIS, altost, andrei-1, CommonCrawl [Bot], deadlinerandom, Jimmy, KDBrown, Knight, mancangkul, rnicholas, SEMrush [Bot] and 42 guests