Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

josi wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:55 pm Dear MrTools, dear kvak,
do you think it is possible to add alarms when price touches level 3 (optional 2?) in Mladen's indicator?
I would post kvak's new button version of the indie but don't have the mq4-file.
Added the alerts, that should work depending on the state.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
josi, alexm

ffsss wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:13 pm Thanks, this one definitely works better. Would it be possible to add alerts when the divergence appears?
Added divergence alerts.

PS: For more information on this indicator and PDF article by it's author, please see: Smoothing The Bollinger %b by Sylvain Vervoort.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 13):
ffsss, Jimmy, kvak, josi, A_5, Milad8732, RodrigoRT7, heispark, Krunal Gajjar, mosape, alexm, keys898, Jedidiah

Hey Guys, look I have been checking out the attached indicator. I have done my own testing and have not noticed any repainting of the arrows or bands. Although when it comes to the bands I don't want to guess and then have it come back and bite me.
So can anyone please confirm or deny the accuracy of the bands and the repainting of the arrows.

Woodyz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:50 pm Hey Guys, look I have been checking out the attached indicator. I have done my own testing and have not noticed any repainting of the arrows or bands. Although when it comes to the bands I don't want to guess and then have it come back and bite me.
So can anyone please confirm or deny the accuracy of the bands and the repainting of the arrows.
The ma up and down are both using a negative 22 shift and the signal is when these ma's cross the upper/lower bollinger bands this causes a inaccurate signal.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Woodyz

mrtools wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:40 pm The ma up and down are both using a negative 22 shift and the signal is when these ma's cross the upper/lower bollinger bands this causes a inaccurate signal.
Regardless of the bands I thought they would be recalculating, what about the arrows. I did not notice any repainting of them.
I am looking at using the arrows as a pre entry signal. So when an arrow is printed and then if the nrp indicators line up within a specified window of candles a trade will be entered...........
Will it be ok for this type of use ??
Attachments