Moving AveragesFibonacci Numbers - What numbers can be used for trading indicator settings?

Fibonacci Numbers - What numbers can be used for trading indicator settings?

When looking for an ideal number to use for your indicator or Moving Average settings, Fibonacci Numbers can be used.

Here are all the Fibonacci numbers you can use when adjusting your trading indicators 👇

1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144, 233, 377, 610

It is not recommended to use anything higher than 233 as this would cause a lot of lag.

Next time you're working with a technical indicator and you find it hard to experiment with a number, don't just try a random number, instead, use these numbers whenever you're trying to adjust your indicators.

How are these numbers formed as part of the Fibonacci Sequence?

Fibonacci numbers are found by adding up the two numbers before it, together.

Did you know?

Several famous technical indicators and trading systems have been built using "Fibonacci sequence" numbers for their settings:

• Trader, Raghee Horner, famously uses the Fibonacci number of 34 to construct her GRaB Candles and 34 EMA Wave.
  • Dean Malone, author of the Traders Dynamic Index indicator, uses the Fibonacci number of 34 for the yellow Median Base Line (MBL) settings in the TDI.

Can you show me an example of Fibonacci numbers used in indicators?

Sure. Here is a example template which comes with two Exponential Moving Averages, both using Fibonacci numbers as their inputs 13 & 55.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 11):
太虚一毫, iPar, Merylfx, josi, kvak, alif, oskar656, excellence, Chickenspicy, Jedidiah, maroka
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Fibonacci Numbers - What numbers can be used for trading indicator settings?

Jimmy wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:18 pm When looking for an ideal number to use for your indicator or Moving Average settings, Fibonacci Numbers can be used.
Thanks Jimmy for this thread on Fibonacci numbers. I like to use them more than any other number, they are my favourite 😍💯

For my own use, here are the Fibonacci numbers I like to use:
- Short term : 8
- Medium term : 21
- Long term : 144
So I use 3 in total most of the time which are 8, 21, 144.
These users thanked the author Merylfx for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, excellence

Re: Fibonacci Numbers - What numbers can be used for trading indicator settings?

Merylfx wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:57 pm Thanks Jimmy for this thread on Fibonacci numbers. I like to use them more than any other number, they are my favourite 😍💯

For my own use, here are the Fibonacci numbers I like to use:
- Short term : 8
- Medium term : 21
- Long term : 144
So I use 3 in total most of the time which are 8, 21, 144.
Great combination mate. You've got it!

Thank you commenting your setup for us. This gives new traders a good guide :)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
Merylfx, excellence
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance