Fully customizable EA

Hi, I have visited this forum for a long time and now I also want to contribute to it. So I will share my EA which I consider is highly customizable and can be adapted to all types of profiles and trading styles with the correct parameters.

This EA uses some indicators I found on this forum from mladen, mrtools, Banzai, Jimmy…
Some indicators converted from Tradingview to MT4
And some indicators downloaded from the various internet webs.

At first it may look like a lot of settings and parameters, but dont get overwhelmed, you just need to add some filters and entry indicators to the chart, and if it looks interesting, activate those, choose appropriate exiting methods and see how it goes. Try trailing stops, Risk reward ratios (using stop loss and choosing TP type: x times stop loss)...

If someone wants me to add a specific indicator or condition for filter/entry/exit you can tell me and I will add them if they look interesting to me. You are also free to share any interesting configuration you try by sharing the .set files so others can try.

Here you can see some explanations about how the ea works, but it is still under development so not all features are explained as it is very time consuming to explain all the possible interactions, so i might add more explanations if i have free time. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hJ_ ... sp=sharing
These users thanked the author ffsss for the post:
stereotomy

Re: Fully customizable EA

Thanks. One question, does it (or do you) make money consistently & constantly?

I feel like we're all just experimenters here... and those who reach nirvana (their holy grail) just visit here for fun to be reminded of the old days.

And... not complaining at all. The process is fun in itself anyways :)

stereotomy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:53 am Thanks. One question, does it (or do you) make money consistently & constantly?

I feel like we're all just experimenters here... and those who reach nirvana (their holy grail) just visit here for fun to be reminded of the old days.

And... not complaining at all. The process is fun in itself anyways :)
Not with this one for the moment. But for now i havent tested this not even on a demo account, so maybe after some optimization and demo period i could give it a go on live as some backtest looks promising. Either way this is not the holly grail and i would never just let this EA alone, the idea for this ea is to automate the entry conditions, and use some basic exit conditions too (opposite signal or other exit indicator you can choose, drawdown exit, sl and tp, trailing stops) to maintain the trade under control until the user is back, or to open a trade while you are sleeping... so that user doesnt need to be 24/7 on screen. But ultimately you should manage the trade.

The EA can be used on autopilot of course, and has time filters for scalper or grid/averaging down if you want to, but you will generally get a low profit for a high drawdown, like everyone with that technique.

What I think is, if you are a retail trader and not a market maker, fully automated EAs will not work well because markets are most of the time manipulated. It may be possible, but you should start thinking like them.

So, what I do instead is decided the EA when to exit the trade. That's it.

https://fxdreema.com/shared/Ly3l4XDbd

I've tested a few indicators to Exit a trade, Ergodic was profitable but it did not test well against the times of horizontal market manipulations. So, now I will be testing chaikin money flow, esp. T3 smoothed version seems to stand well to that. This is a work in progress, ofc, I may change my mind.

As I said, the process in itself is fun anyways :)

Good luck and thanks!

xyzman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:25 pm hi re the ea is it just a case of using (whatever indicators) that you feel might help to see where it takes us then let the ea trade from there? thanks in advance
Attachments
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
ffsss
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈