Re: TDI Alternative Experimenting with other indicators

No strategy, including TDI/TMS, are worth anything without keeping a focused eye on market structure. Does anyone have a favorite S/R indicator they use? A good S/R indicator can also be used during the learning process for new traders by comparing their results to what is produced. That is an aspect I think about often, what would help friends and family in the learning process.

I had an indicator a while ago that worked "pretty good" but it still missed occasionally. I am old school and use the mt4 horizontal line, trendline and rectangle "method".

Re: TDI Alternative Experimenting with other indicators

Another use of the OMA 200: green and orange line.
Add additional Step one more average with an OMA of 5. Then set the Display Type to Display dots and add your favorite TDI indicator.

Enter when the OMA 200 line changes color.
Use the OMA 5 for exits and re-entries by following the OMA 200 trend indication.
Use your TDI for confirmations and help in avoiding the fake outs.
Looks pretty good on all time frames. A few break even or small losses can be seen, but keeping market structure in mind should help with many of those.

The use of Stochastic (8,3,3) can also help. That is from BigE and his Trading Made Simple version of TDI.