Above ALL Averages ("AAA")

It would be cool to create an open source indicator with EVERY possible moving average, smoothing algorithm, existing in the world
I know something similar has already been created (called Averages.ex4) but it doesn't have all the existing MAs... only a few
MrTools are you up for such a task ? You're the only one I see that can pull this off.

Anybody could propose an MA and MrTools would add it to the file ?

let me know what you think.

Of course i'm tallking only about non repainting end-pointed MAs

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
RodrigoRT7

Re: Above ALL Averages ("AAA")

ionone wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:52 pm
sounds brilliant:
you post what comes into your mind and MrTools has all the work to do.

With
averages - 9.42
you have - if I count correctly - 40 averages at your disposal.
How many of them have you really worked with for longer than a day or two?
How many of them do you use regularly?
One wonders: what is in it for you? what is in it for MrTools?

Don't misunderstand me: I'd love such an indicator (as I like Xmas presents): it's just that nobody uses more than two or three (different ones) on a regular basis.

The new average line created in this way has no real meaning. In another website's code base, there seems to be an average line created by a similar idea. There are not many types of indicator averages, and the indicator name is forgotten. The effect is not good.

For example, ADXvma, the idea is very good! It is weirder than any other average. However, the actual transaction effect is not particularly ideal. If you put it together with dozens of other averages and average it again, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. :)

josi wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:16 pm sounds brilliant:
you post what comes into your mind and MrTools has all the work to do.

With
averages - 9.42
you have - if I count correctly - 40 averages at your disposal.
How many of them have you really worked with for longer than a day or two?
How many of them do you use regularly?
One wonders: what is in it for you? what is in it for MrTools?

Don't misunderstand me: I'd love such an indicator (as I like Xmas presents): it's just that nobody uses more than two or three (different ones) on a regular basis.
the idea would be to have a toolbox of all averages under the thumb, ready to use and easy to program, instead of trying painfully each different file and modifying the code for each new MA file...it's painful (and I don't do it). rather if we have all the MAs under one roof, it would be easier to test them in a random strategy...

EDIT: nothing for MrTools, other than being recognized as one of the top traders of all time :)

EDIT2 : I could do it, but don't have access to all codes, (btw if MrTools doens't want to share this or this ok doesn't matter) and the code would be full of unresolvable bugs :cry: