Re: Ichimoku Indicators for MT4

BeatlemaniaSA wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:44 pm Hi @mrtools,

Would it be possible to add an alert to your Ichimoku indicator listed below when the KIJUN SEN changes direction (i.e it slopes either down, up or is flat). I use the KIJUN SEN as my main method of trading and it would be great to have this alert. So that I can be alerted on the any of the charts that I have open on my screen when it changes direction ;)

!!Ichimoku - (mtf + alerts + button).ex4

Regards,
BeatlemaniaSA
Added Kijun Sen slope to the alerts.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
talaate, 太虚一毫, BeatlemaniaSA, Dmitry

Kijun-Sen Tape Zone
Banzai wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:12 pm

According to this ebook by Akira Takahashi which cost $US0.99 on Amazon:

Ichimoku Thunder and Lightning Clouds was a concept of trading built by floor traders in Tokyo to teach new traders how to trade a fusion of price action and Ichimoku using not one cloud or kumo but two. Dive into this unique concept beyond the traditional Ichimoku standard.

Here are the settings for MT4:
Fast Kumo = Lightning Kumo Cloud = (7,12,15)
Slow Kumo = Thunder Kumo Cloud = (7,21,48)

On the TradingView platform, use:
Fast Kumo = Lightning Kumo Cloud = (7,12,15,6)
Slow Kumo = Thunder Kumo Cloud = (7,21,48,21)
So,
Fast Kijun-Sen = 12
Slow Kijun-Sen = 21

Background Zones can be turned on or off.
No MTF yet.
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 2):
太虚一毫, sudhindragk

Kijun-Sen Tenkan-Sen Tape Zones
from wiki:
Tenkan-sen
Tenkan-sen (転換線) calculation: (highest high + lowest low)/2 for the last 9 periods.

It is primarily used as a signal line and a minor support/resistance line. Tenkan Sen (red line): This is also known as the turning line and is derived by averaging the highest high and the lowest low for the past nine periods. The Tenkan Sen is an indicator of the market trend. If the red line is moving up or down, it indicates that the market is trending. If it moves horizontally, it signals that the market is ranging.

Kijun-sen
Kijun-sen (基準線) calculation: (highest high + lowest low)/2 for the past 26 periods.

This is a confirmation line, a support/resistance line, and can be used as a trailing stop line. The Kijun Sen acts as an indicator of future price movement. If the price is higher than the blue line, it could continue to climb higher. If the price is below the blue line, it could keep dropping.
You can turn the Zones on or off.
And you can turn Kijun & Tenkan lines on or off.
No MTF and no alert yet.
These users thanked the author Banzai for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, thomdel, Jimmy

ChartRe: Ichimoku Indicators for MT4

Banzai wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:12 pm According to this ebook by Akira Takahashi which cost $US0.99 on Amazon:
Ichimoku Thunder And Clouds

I'd like to expand on this one if I may. I've emulated the Thunder and Clouds settings using a pair of Mrtools's AHTF MTF Ichimoku (no smoothing).
I really find fascination in things like this. Thank you Banzai 🤗

This is a decent idea, but needs to be used only in the two most busiest market times. I'm talking:

• London Session
  • US Session

Indeed, this is a smart "crossover" strategy, but it needs to be used only when the market is moving (for now).

I hate recommending additional indicators for confluence, but in this instance you'll need an additional confirmation indicator to get the most out of it (especially if you're new to trading).

Takeaway notes:

This is a smart idea, but I think it would greatly benefit from added Jurik Smoothing whilst using these settings to help us with lag and possibly assist us with weeding out the false crosses. Only then, I think we can do away with an additional confirmation indicator 👌

This template contains:

• Non-repainting Ichimoku by Mrtools with Solid Filled coloring for the clouds
  • AHTF (Auto Higher Timeframe, Multi-timeframe) ability
  • The latest Thick Wick (Custom Candlestick) indicator by Mrtools - Now with Auto-adjusting candlesticks 🆕
  • Dark mode chart theme
  • Additional information PDF
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Hi @Banzai, @mrtools, @Jimmy,

Thanks for posting and sharing these excellent versions of the Ichimoku Indicator!

It is my preferred trading method now and below I am putting the Ichimoku Thunder and Cloud strategy to the test :)

Keep up the excellent work guys and thanks a million!!! :Fire: :thumbup: :clap:
Attachments
These users thanked the author BeatlemaniaSA for the post (total 2):
Banzai, Jimmy
BEATS V5 - "Enjoy The Quiet Between Trades”

Improve Your Trading Psychology - NO FEAR, NO DOUBT

Jimmy wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:17 pm Ichimoku Thunder And Clouds

I'd like to expand on this one if I may. I've emulated the Thunder and Clouds settings using a pair of Mrtools's AHTF MTF Ichimoku (no smoothing).
I really find fascination in things like this. Thank you Banzai 🤗

This is a decent idea, but needs to be used only in the two most busiest market times. I'm talking:

• London Session
  • US Session

Indeed, this is a smart "crossover" strategy, but it needs to be used only when the market is moving (for now).

I hate recommending additional indicators for confluence, but in this instance you'll need an additional confirmation indicator to get the most out of it (especially if you're new to trading).

Takeaway notes:

This is a smart idea, but I think it would greatly benefit from added Jurik Smoothing whilst using these settings to help us with lag and possibly assist us with weeding out the false crosses. Only then, I think we can do away with an additional confirmation indicator 👌

This template contains:

• Non-repainting Ichimoku by Mrtools with Solid Filled coloring for the clouds
  • AHTF (Auto Higher Timeframe, Multi-timeframe) ability
  • The latest Thick Wick (Custom Candlestick) indicator by Mrtools - Now with Auto-adjusting candlesticks 🆕
  • Dark mode chart theme
  • Additional information PDF
Thanks for sharing this. After a long time i liked something new.
XARD's system is very similar...did check it by comparing candle to candle.
Advantage Thunder and Lightning has over XARD system is predictive capability of thinning of cloud.
This to me is a huge plus.TV has a slight edge over MT4 in observing this thinning of cloud.
SD can be used for TP or even XARD Semaphores. Works a treat.
By any chance do you know who the author of the document is?
Regards
SK
These users thanked the author sudhindragk for the post:
Jimmy