Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

sudhindragk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:27 pm There is a book called Trade Chart Patterns Like The Pros-SURI DUDELLA.... There are several books on patterns. But this one won't take much time to read and understand.
Too old, if you ask me (but you don't):
If I were you (who I am not) I'd get myself a copy of:
Thomas N. Bulkowski - Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns 3rd ed (2021)
(The best book about patterns - I have come across - is also not brand new but very helpful:
Fred K H Tam: The power of Japanese candlestick charts: advanced filtering techniques for trading stocks, futures and Forex [Revised edition] (2015))
These users thanked the author josi for the post:
sudhindragk

josi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:59 pm Too old, if you ask me (but you don't):
If I were you (who I am not) I'd get myself a copy of:
Thomas N. Bulkowski - Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns 3rd ed (2021)
Lol...one of the good trait of a trader is to anticipate.

My last line was in anticipation of your reply...but you never listen :)

On a lighter note ...:) Yes the book you mentioned is awesome but this one is short and you wont be lost reading the one i mentioned.

Yesterday XARD almost posted a real time trade of his.

If one had checked it out and did some work... one would have understood the creative genius of how he enters.

One of the areas i am working especially on US30 is to have minimal drawdown.

For me XARD'S post offered a very important clue.

Today i patiently executed it ...flawless !

PS : I was lucky to be online yesterday at the same time as XARD.

Regards
SK

sudhindragk wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:23 pm Yesterday XARD almost posted a real time trade of his.
If one had checked it out and did some work... one would have understood the creative genius of how he enters.
For me XARD'S post offered a very important clue.
Today i patiently executed it ...flawless !
"almost", "it", "some work", "clue", "it" - Informational value: zero
Thanks for the precise description of your (and Xard's? "almost"?) entry. Now, finally, we are all able to execute it as well - but possibly not as flawlessly. Maybe we still have to do "some work".
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
sudhindragk, Kavokane

josi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:33 pm Yesterday it wasn't exactly "the beauty of the system".
It was rather the fact that the big move (as far as indices were concerned) only started after (some consolidation at) US open.
You could simply have bought at US open and slept for 12 hours and wake up and still continue to make profit now.
What I am saying is: there is a difference between "the beauty of the system" and a lucky day.
I dunno, I find the signals pretty reliable even in the mess of consolidation zones. A difficulty in these times though is keeping one's head. Like your idea of a buy-and-sleep strategy, though prolly works better in hindsight.
These users thanked the author Pauliz for the post:
sudhindragk

josi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:55 pm "almost", "it", "some work", "clue", "it" - Informational value: zero
Thanks for the precise description of your (and Xard's? "almost"?) entry. Now, finally, we are all able to execute it as well - but possibly not as flawlessly. Maybe we still have to do "some work".
Have you ever looked into other approaches to semafor entries? Esp that by that persona non grata I've never even seen mentioned on this thread i.e. The Banned One