PC crashes when trying to scan 4000 symbols in MT5

Hello. I've been trying to get freelancers to make me a scanner for 4000 symbols, for MT5, that works under 5-10 minutes. The tmeframe being scanned is Weekly and Monthly. Having task manager open the ram and/or disk usage hits 100%, leading to crash, and this repeats every time with different settings and with different approaches and modification in the code.

One developer suspects that having an HDD and not an SSD, is an issue, but for me the problem is still in MT5 and in "what to do" to solve it in the code, because in MT4 there is NOT the same issue, and also the developer made me notice that while MT4 separate history files in hst for each timeframe, instead MT5 uses hcc files one for every year, not separated by timeframes. I supect that also behind this can hide the issue.

However, we haven't found a solution. I ask if someone who has experimented a similar issue can help or if anyone knows how to solve. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: PC crashes when trying to scan 4000 symbols in MT5

James10 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:03 am Hello. I've been trying to get freelancers to make me a scanner for 4000 symbols, for MT5, that works under 5-10 minutes. The tmeframe being scanned is Weekly and Monthly. Having task manager open the ram and/or disk usage hits 100%, leading to crash, and this repeats every time with different settings and with different approaches and modification in the code.

One developer suspects that having an HDD and not an SSD, is an issue, but for me the problem is still in MT5 and in "what to do" to solve it in the code, because in MT4 there is NOT the same issue, and also the developer made me notice that while MT4 separate history files in hst for each timeframe, instead MT5 uses hcc files one for every year, not separated by timeframes. I supect that also behind this can hide the issue.

However, we haven't found a solution. I ask if someone who has experimented a similar issue can help or if anyone knows how to solve. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thank you.
4000 symbols ? what the heck...you won't have enough memory.
or you could use cusotm symbols to lower the number of ticks to the ones of your strategy.
would work that way

Re: PC crashes when trying to scan 4000 symbols in MT5

James10 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:03 am Hello. I've been trying to get freelancers to make me a scanner for 4000 symbols, for MT5, that works under 5-10 minutes. The tmeframe being scanned is Weekly and Monthly. Having task manager open the ram and/or disk usage hits 100%, leading to crash, and this repeats every time with different settings and with different approaches and modification in the code.

Thank you.
This is something worth to note, though not do this much on my system but yet it's good to know.