Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

smnntdrt wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:37 pm Hello dear trading community

I have been reading for a long time, but I have never traded this system.

Are there traders here who still find setups with this system after their main job?

After work I still have about 2 hours to trade. ( European time )

Please help me if this trade is correct. :-)

Greetings,
Simon
According to Xard's signature, you have made textbook trades. "Use Orange ZigZag/Perimeter Dot on M15 timeframe as Intra-Day Bias. WAIT for the candle colour change for your first trade and use the Channel Line as your 1st EXIT target, take additional trades off the 2nd Dots (Dots 2,4,6...) that appear and look for a higher Semafor as your 2nd EXIT Target."

15 minute chart gives you your road map and bias, when you get a Perimeter Dot on M15 wait for the colour change on M5 chart and enter just as you did. If you don't get a colour change on M5 to confirm the Perimeter Dot, ignore it as the trend is likely to keep going past the Perimeter Dot. When you have a confirmed trend change and taken that first trade then be ready for trading off the 2,4,6... dots. If you have limited time you could look at setting a SL & TP at 38.2% or 61.8% rather than just closing out when your time is up.

Have a good look at trading Indices, your trading window might be ideal to trade the US30 (Dow) open which will give you greater returns for the same risk.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 7):
sudhindragk, lucmat, iPar, Mundu19, LJC, kowal81, Ricstar_8
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:12 pm According to Xard's signature, you have made textbook trades. "Use Orange ZigZag/Perimeter Dot on M15 timeframe as Intra-Day Bias. WAIT for the candle colour change for your first trade and use the Channel Line as your 1st EXIT target, take additional trades off the 2nd Dots (Dots 2,4,6...) that appear and look for a higher Semafor as your 2nd EXIT Target."

15 minute chart gives you your road map and bias, when you get a Perimeter Dot on M15 wait for the colour change on M5 chart and enter just as you did. If you don't get a colour change on M5 to confirm the Perimeter Dot, ignore it as the trend is likely to keep going past the Perimeter Dot. When you have a confirmed trend change and taken that first trade then be ready for trading off the 2,4,6... dots. If you have limited time you could look at setting a SL & TP at 38.2% or 61.8% rather than just closing out when your time is up.

Have a good look at trading Indices, your trading window might be ideal to trade the US30 (Dow) open which will give you greater returns for the same risk.
Hi FourXXXX,
thanks for your great contributions: they help me a lot!!!
may I ask you to explain more two sentences?

1. "If you don't get a colour change on M5 to confirm the Perimeter Dot, ignore it as the trend is likely to keep going past the Perimeter Dot": if there is a colour change in 5m but not so strong, is it convenient to trade against and towards Perimeter Dot?
2. "When you have a confirmed trend change...": the confirmation is when appear a 2nd dot and so on?

Thanks in advance.
Lucmat
These users thanked the author lucmat for the post:
Ricstar_8

lucmat wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:30 pm Hi FourXXXX,
thanks for your great contributions: they help me a lot!!!
may I ask you to explain more two sentences?
1. "If you don't get a colour change on M5 to confirm the Perimeter Dot, ignore it as the trend is likely to keep going past the Perimeter Dot": if there is a colour change in 5m but not so strong, is it convenient to trade against and towards Perimeter Dot?
2. "When you have a confirmed trend change...": the confirmation is when appear a 2nd dot and so on?
Thanks in advance.
Lucmat
Question 1 I would say if that happens it is probably better to sit on your hands and watch. You can make money by not trading also, ie not taking a risky trade will keep your account balance higher.

Question 2 The colour change on M5 after a M15 Perimeter Dot is your confirmation of a "likely" trend change and you can enter on it. However, the second dot is even more confirmation and a safer trade.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
lucmat, Mundu19, Ricstar_8
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:12 pm According to Xard's signature, you have made textbook trades. "Use Orange ZigZag/Perimeter Dot on M15 timeframe as Intra-Day Bias. WAIT for the candle colour change for your first trade and use the Channel Line as your 1st EXIT target, take additional trades off the 2nd Dots (Dots 2,4,6...) that appear and look for a higher Semafor as your 2nd EXIT Target."

Thanks for all the good explanation @FourXXXX :Fire: :)

So lets look at this example:

M15 = Perimeter Dot
M5 = colour change ( first entry ) + 2nd Dot ( 2nd entry )

Anything wrong? :roll: :roll:

Have a nice day!

smnntdrt wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:50 am Thanks for all the good explanation @FourXXXX :Fire: :)

M15 = Perimeter Dot

Have a nice day!
The answer is there in the results, exit the first trade at the channel line or if a dot forms (I wait for the move to slow down as it can push the channel line), exit second trade at the Perimeter Dot. Keep in mind though not every trade goes as we want, if the bars change to the opposite colour get out and reevaluate. Just keep looking at charts, it's like learning to ride a bike, after a while, it just becomes second nature. Zoom right out on your 15-minute chart and you will see the overall trend. Channels form and quite often you can predict where the Perimeter Dots will form.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 2):
gamerredd, sudhindragk
nil desperandum

smnntdrt wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:50 am Thanks for all the good explanation @FourXXXX :Fire: :)

M15 = Perimeter Dot

Have a nice day!
Perfect trade setup! Lookout for setup's like this and you are on your way!
After practicing this several times, I would suggest learning (if you haven't done so already) pivot points and support and resistance levels, and use them to sit on the sidelines if the up trade is close to a resistance and down trade close to a support.
As per Xard:
XARD's Almanac: Use Orange ZigZag/PerDot on 15m TF as Intra-Day Bias. WAIT! for the candle colour change for your first trade and use the Channel line as 1st EXIT target, take additional trades off the 2nd dots (dots 2,4,6...) that appear and look for a higher Semafor as your 2nd EXIT Target.
These users thanked the author aneek229 for the post (total 2):
XXXX, Ricstar_8

aneek229 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:55 am Perfect trade setup! Lookout for setup's like this and you are on your way!
After practicing this several times, I would suggest learning (if you haven't done so already) pivot points and support and resistance levels, and use them to sit on the sidelines if the up trade is close to a resistance and down trade close to a support.
As per Xard:
XARD's Almanac: Use Orange ZigZag/PerDot on 15m TF as Intra-Day Bias. WAIT! for the candle colour change for your first trade and use the Channel line as 1st EXIT target, take additional trades off the 2nd dots (dots 2,4,6...) that appear and look for a higher Semafor as your 2nd EXIT Target.
You can also simply trade off your M5 Square perdot, it is same as the M15 perdot. That's for this system anyway.
These users thanked the author Kenrobert1 for the post:
pipalong