Re: Educational Videos

Ogee wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:41 pm I'm a big fan of CWT, haven't seen any Better System Trader or Dawinex vids, could you pick out some good ones to post here for us?
I didn't watch a lot of BST yet, I just discovered him
but two good ones were :

#177​: "Superior returns from superior risk management" - Laurent Bernut

#178​: "How to build Mean Reversion trading strategies" - Stefan Friedrichowski

as for darwinex I only watched a couple, but the titles seem interesting
and this one is good

about timeframe diversification

cheers

Jeff
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
Ogee

ionone wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:50 pm I didn't watch a lot of BST yet, I just discovered him
but two good ones were :

#177​: "Superior returns from superior risk management" - Laurent Bernut

#178​: "How to build Mean Reversion trading strategies" - Stefan Friedrichowski

as for darwinex I only watched a couple, but the titles seem interesting
and this one is good

about timeframe diversification

cheers

Jeff
Only had time to watch #178, bit long at 1:30 min but interesting concept looking at renko type brick charts but using % price change instead of point size to create the bricks and interesting stats of the following brick being a reversal.

Goes on (after about 50 min) to look at a mean reversion strategy using time based charts with an EMA to show mean price value (target) and ATR bands for reversal (reversion) entries .

Mentoring video from prop trading firm Axia Futures.

I've posted these in the past but they stopped making them available on Youtube.

This one is a special and will be coming down on Sunday night UK time.

Its 2 hours, I haven't had the time to watch yet but all their stuff is quality.

Am told the last 25 min covers a 900K day trade made by one of their traders.

Also covers chart patterns (why they might not work). Price ladder with market profile and footprint, how to combine the 3.

https://www.elitetraderworkshop.com/rep ... eplay-full

Ogee wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:59 pm Mentoring video from prop trading firm Axia Futures.

I've posted these in the past but they stopped making them available on Youtube.

This one is a special and will be coming down on Sunday night UK time.

Its 2 hours, I haven't had the time to watch yet but all their stuff is quality.

Am told the last 25 min covers a 900K day trade made by one of their traders.

Also covers chart patterns (why they might not work). Price ladder with market profile and footprint, how to combine the 3.

The link was removed so if you missed it I'll give a synopsis of the trade which was not as I was expecting at all.

First there will be many say it wasn't genuine but I say it was, it was a replay of the price ladder and the sim has a big yellow band across the top saying Simulator, this one didn't.

So the chart structure was price moved up off support, stopped at prior resistance and came back to the support where it stalled and formed a small range.

The trader decided price was going to break down and made a plan, so at the top of the range went short 50 lots, price continued in tight range with the trader adding shorts at the top each time until fully loaded at 800 lots.

Then price looked to break out to the upside, the trader started scaling out of the trade 50 lots at at time and was 200k in the red.

Then price fell back down and broke the down side, trader was back in the green.
Then price flushed down gathering momentum, the trader continued scaling OUT.
By the time the downside move stalled the trader had completely exited the position for a 900k profit.

So he anticipated the break down and was in position before it happened and used the rush of other traders getting in short after the break out to the downside to buy back his large short position.

The replay was paused and fast forwarded to explain details as the trade took 2 hours to complete and at no time did he move his stop.

It really was remarkable.