Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

wojtek wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:58 am you know, my original post was a kind of joke after the previous post
in which somebody writes that we will have all non-repainting indics
in the Xard system. :) It's impossible, as regards some of the indics
which recalculate by their definition / internal structure.
The most important indicators, that is EMAs, are perfectly stable.
Apologies I didnt understand the joke

Trade well, wojtek :)
These users thanked the author KalC for the post:
wojtek

Brett001 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:11 pm I have some reservations about the second dot rule. There are many good opportunities that can be missed because of it. It is worth not relying on this rule rigidly, automatically.
Example: DAX30 today:

DJ30 day before yesterday:
Look at the chart above, I have made 3 trades on the Dax today got out by the book. Not huge number of pips but still made some serious money. Didn't trade yesterday due to getting dental work done. If you look on the M1 chart there is a second dot if you are keen to get in.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
Musashi
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:17 pm Look at the chart above, I have made 3 trades on the Dax today got out by the book. Not huge number of pips but still made some serious money. Didn't trade yesterday due to getting dental work done. If you look on the M1 chart there is a second dot if you are keen to get in.
I say if a long bias appears on the M5 time frame, for example. If I feel the momentum in the market, I look at the M15 and M30 time frames and the candles are blue there too, I open a position and don’t wait for the second dot.

Brett001 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:26 pm I say if a long bias appears on the M5 time frame, for example. If I feel the momentum in the market, I look at the M15 and M30 time frames and the candles are blue there too, I open a position and don’t wait for the second dot.
The Second Dot is about getting safer trades and good risk to reward. Xard isn't looking over your shoulder, if something works well for you then do it. If you read through this thread there are places Xard mentions trading off the perimeter dot at colour change but it is a more risky trade.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post:
Musashi
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:32 pm The Second Dot is about getting safer trades and good risk to reward. Xard isn't looking over your shoulder, if something works well for you then do it. If you read through this thread there are places Xard mentions trading off the perimeter dot at colour change but it is a more risky trade.
You’re right, of course when I’m not waiting for the second dot, I’m also more careful with the TP. I know stock market psychology, but I’m always annoyed by missed opportunities, I haven’t been able to overcome this weakness in years. :(

Brett001 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:51 pm You’re right, of course when I’m not waiting for the second dot, I’m also more careful with the TP. I know stock market psychology, but I’m always annoyed by missed opportunities, I haven’t been able to overcome this weakness in years. :(
You will go mad trying to be perfect, if you make your target for the day then you have won.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 3):
TradeXtra, Musashi, DaveTrader
nil desperandum

LikeRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Hello all,
I would like to ask about channel lines as my one do not render out. Only the ones indicating Selling Zone beginning from the Day Open one and the Buy Zone beginning. Otherwise the ones indicated on that illustration print-screen from you here I do not have either correctly rendered or not installed, one or the other. Any ideas about that?
Also, perhaps stupid question, where could I find the pdf guide (If any) to the latest September version xARD ? I have been using for the first time, also crunching through recommended books… but a systematic complete guide to this system would help significantly. I couldn’t really grasp it properly, now expecting a top pivot heat point, but they, as usual, abused news and got my currency pair against me creating even NEW bottom Pivot Price Heat Point there causing my account to go 40% daily P/L negative. No comment to that really, I shouldn’t leave it unsupervised so confidently.

Preliminary thank you humbly and gratefully for your constructive answers!

R.👍🏻