LikeRe: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

Banzai wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:40 pm 123 TRIANGLES
maxus182 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:06 pm Fantastic indicator, but it is repainting unfortunately.
Been testing this one the 1 minute charts. No repainting observed so far. Hmm :think:

So far I really like this indicator and the signals are good. Testing it on the 1 minute chart to spot any repainting. How's everyone else finding it?

White candle I've highlighted below is when the orange triangle appears for a Sell.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Banzai
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

Jimmy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:16 pm Been testing this one the 1 minute charts. No repainting observed.
Hi Jimmy, in front of my eyes the signal changed from Sell to Buy after 3-4 minutes. I don't have the screenshot because I did not expect that to happen. I don't mean anything wrong, I really like this indicator, but I just have to say what I saw.
These users thanked the author maxus182 for the post:
Jimmy

maxus182 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:22 pm Hi Jimmy, in front of my eyes the signal changed from Sell to Buy after 3-4 minutes. I don't have the screenshot because I did not expect that to happen. I don't mean anything wrong, I really like this indicator, but I just have to say what I saw.
Cool, thanks for the feedback. This is really important!

Going to keep an eye on it in live trading and will see what it's up to :)
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

QuestionRe: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

mrtools wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:20 pm Did this version differently.....
if any case it is repaint mrtoolz would it be possible to make the triangle indi NRP u think?? :think: :think: :think:

it is good indi and still love it but if it can nrp then wowwww viewtopic.php?p=1295443233#p1295443233
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Jimmy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:24 pm Cool, thanks for the feedback. This is really important!
Maybe I am totally wrong, but:
all zigzags repaint: and semaphore is just a variant.
So no surprise at all, on the contrary: everyone who had any contact with Xard's system knows about the repainting.
Doesn't mean it's not a valuable indicator, though.
You could, for example, combine it with the CPR-indicator Banzai just upgraded:
Attachments
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
Banzai, Jimmy

Jimmy wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:24 pm Cool, thanks for the feedback. This is really important!

Going to keep an eye on it in live trading and will see what it's up to :)
I think I understand why it is repainting. When the triangle appears (ie. Buy signal), and if the price continues in the buy direction and breaks the high of the triangle - the signal will stay on the chart. But if the price breaks the low of the triangle - the signal will disappear. That's why there are no false signals in the history (when you place the indi on the chart).
These users thanked the author maxus182 for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, Banzai

IdeaRe: Indicators with ON/OFF buttons

maxus182 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:41 pm I think I understand why it is repainting. When the triangle appears (ie. Buy signal), and if the price continues in the buy direction and breaks the high of the triangle - the signal will stay on the chart. But if the price breaks the low of the triangle - the signal will disappear. That's why there are no false signals in the history (when you place the indi on the chart).
Ok, I've been observing this code as a test on the 1M charts.

My findings are that all the triangles it draws are valid. Even the ones that disappeared and repainted, they were valid for a short time (on average about 10 candles).

The triangles that remained on the chart and continued onwards did not repaint later.
It seems to only be the most recent triangle plotted on the chart which was prone to disappearing later if the trend continued opposite to what the triangle was telling you to do.

However, during my watch of 4 x pairs, every time it recognized a triangle pattern and showed it on the chart, you would be able to scalp for at least 5 to 10 pips with it on the 1M. Regardless if the most recent triangle disappeared later on.

Quite a good indicator. And as josi said if you combine this indicator with another, it's a huge winner :thumbup:
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 3):
太虚一毫, josi, Jimmy
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎