Re: Institutional Tools Big Banks Use - Why 95% of retail fail

RplusT wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:43 pm It's called Order Book. When trading Futures on the NinjaTtrader Platform your get that on your screen if you want to use it. Never really could benefit from that as one can see large orders placed and then suddenly disappear i.e. simply manipulating the market.
;)
It is no secret to anyone that the market is governed. The most important in this management are market makers (as far as I remember there are not many of them 3-4 professionals)
But they will never manipulate the market during the release of important news releases.
Therefore, you can see in the Ninja program how large orders are removed, with which they move the market.
These users thanked the author vvFish for the post (total 2):
Chickenspicy, Jedidiah
"Only the price on the chart can show the entrance to the deal..."

marks wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:20 pm You can see in my main chart that the depth of market is coded into it. It only gives you a glimpse of how market makers are spoofing the market up and down. Iceberg orders are hidden since they are executed in small tranches. To be a consistent trader you should know how the algorithm act since you are against a super computer at high frequency trading which we are talkng about nano seconds. I know people who work for being quant trader for the biggest hedge fund where they pay 1,200,000 euros anually to get the best server in new york stock exchange because the competition in the big floor today is all about speed, if youre a milisecond late on executing that order your competition lose. Anyway, The Footprint is only 5% of the decision making. You need to have context, rythm where other institutions find value on other tools. Best regards
Nice. Thanks for insight. I know even location close to the exchange is a factor for the algos. That is a different world to the average joe just trying to catch the bus on a decent move. Thanks for your perspective.

I want to write my point of view to you.
Like so many, I've also tested countless indicators. Like so many, I lost money in the process. Like so many before me, the realization came that you can't make money with indicators. They are almost useless in the market. Certainly one or the other indicator can show the trader a possible direction. But no indicator looks to the future. All indicators show what has already happened. The decision the trader makes is 95% too late to gain an advantage. Therefore the indicators always look great and seem to work ... But the more indicators, the more decisions the trader has to make. A game made to lose ...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I used a lot of platforms. Mainly MT4, MT5 and Sierra Chart. At times I also used Ninjatrader.
Here's what I found out:

I used the MT5 at 2 different brokers at the same time. My brokers were AMP Futures and FXFLat. Although I had the same live market data (level 2, market depth), both CQG, the charts and the calculations of the indicators were different !!! AMP says: no fault with us. FXFLAT says: the same. I should ask metaquotes ...

Example Sierra Chart. Broker: AMP Futures. Market data: CQG
I went long at 14857.25. My S / L was 14855.00 (Nasdaq100). The price spun in my direction at 14855.75. And now it comes: MY S / L WAS TRIGGERED, although the price was NOT traded there at any time !!! AMP Futures says: no mistake with us. Ask SierraChart Support. Guess the answer: no mistake with us. Ask at AMP ....
In summary, this means: shut up and lose money. We are not doing anything wrong, because as long as the trader is losing money, the broker and the platform have done everything right. It's like the fight of YOU against the good cop (platform) and against the bad cop (broker).
This game is made by prostitutes and their sons.
Well ...
I'll tell you something else:
Wonder why they advise you to risk only 2-5% of your credit? They do this so that they can slowly steal your money step by step. So never put an S / L. The good cop or the bad cop are just waiting ...
What do I think today: All you need when trading is a blank chart. No indicator. No lines. No support / resistance. NOTHING. Because EVERYTHING that the market does is on the chart and is reflected in the price. Anyone can learn that. You have to watch the market long enough and recognize and use the few opportunities that are coming. That's all. If you can't do this, get fucked and keep losing money.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Do I still trade?
YES I DO! And I'm successful, which doesn't mean that I get pissed off sometimes. But there is always a profit at the end of the month. That is the difference.

I am not interested in a discussion and will not answer any further.
Good luck!
These users thanked the author JustInForEx for the post:
charli

Nbats7979 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:44 am Nice. Thanks for insight. I know even location close to the exchange is a factor for the algos. That is a different world to the average joe just trying to catch the bus on a decent move. Thanks for your perspective.
Yes but cable latency is distributed equally..The trading software is very expensive and there is no microwave internet connection. The problem is not the coding, but the creative ideas for developing new algorithms. There are also seminars in London that, in my opinion, are not worth the money. I have a friend who worked for the largest high frequency trader in the world. The best programmers, physicists, electrical engineers and traders work there and develop very creative ideas together. In the end, the investors who are ready to invest billions are still missing. Better to work under the radar as a small trader. You don't become a billionaire, but it is enough to enjoy a very good and relaxed life with a lot of time and without stress.
These users thanked the author marks for the post:
vvFish