Re: Institutional Tools Big Banks Use - Why 95% of retail fail

marks wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:51 am Institutional trades tonight, Ever wonder what that tool is at the homepage of Forex station? It is always used by institutions to to analyze a trades and other more. Dont be part of the retail bus.
It's called Order Book. When trading Futures on the NinjaTtrader Platform your get that on your screen if you want to use it. Never really could benefit from that as one can see large orders placed and then suddenly disappear i.e. simply manipulating the market.

RplusT wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:43 pm It's called Order Book. When trading Futures on the NinjaTtrader Platform your get that on your screen if you want to use it. Never really could benefit from that as one can see large orders placed and then suddenly disappear i.e. simply manipulating the market.
My experience also. All of this talk about institutional orders etc doesn't really relate to my 60 pip target. Also if you blindly buy or sell at a certain level I can give you lots of examples where that hasn't worked and you've lost your ass.

RplusT wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:43 pm It's called Order Book. When trading Futures on the NinjaTtrader Platform your get that on your screen if you want to use it. Never really could benefit from that as one can see large orders placed and then suddenly disappear i.e. simply manipulating the market.
You can see in my main chart that the depth of market is coded into it. It only gives you a glimpse of how market makers are spoofing the market up and down. Iceberg orders are hidden since they are executed in small tranches. To be a consistent trader you should know how the algorithm act since you are against a super computer at high frequency trading which we are talkng about nano seconds. I know people who work for being quant trader for the biggest hedge fund where they pay 1,200,000 euros anually to get the best server in new york stock exchange because the competition in the big floor today is all about speed, if youre a milisecond late on executing that order your competition lose. Anyway, The Footprint is only 5% of the decision making. You need to have context, rythm where other institutions find value on other tools. Best regards
These users thanked the author marks for the post:
Nbats7979