Re: Volatility Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:12 am Added bands with a choice of atr or average range.
Thank you so much for adding the bands. You have now converted it into a leading and forecasting tool.

Unlike forex volume, futures volume is centralised and is reflected on mt4 or mt 5 platform for futures CFDs.
Is it possible to reproduce this indicator without bands by using day's volume ( instead of tick volumes) on the main chart to have better visualisation than the sub window can provide.
Particularly with a choice of displaying it as a volume trend in a ribbon format with when MAs are used.
If MAs are not used by selecting 1 as inputs to reflect actual volume driven price action then a
price trend cloud showing a single moving horizontal thick line showing maximum volume number will be helpful for a beginner to understand the importance of volume numbers and trade with confidence and not get engaged with learning of technical or fundamental analysis learning that needs a longer learning curve.

Traders should be able to use ADR -Fibo or any button of their choice on this cloud or ribbon styled chart.

josi wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:30 pm very interesting - but doesn't help someone like me because I don't know what inputs you chose and what else you put into that subwindow.
I am also trying to figure out what additional indicators you have put in the sub-window and the chart. It will help me and other traders understand your ways too.

Thank you.
These users thanked the author optionhk for the post:
vvFish

optionhk wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:08 pm Thank you so much for adding the bands. You have now converted it into a leading and forecasting tool.

Unlike forex volume, futures volume is centralised and is reflected on mt4 or mt 5 platform for futures CFDs.
Is it possible to reproduce this indicator without bands by using day's volume ( instead of tick volumes) on the main chart to have better visualisation than the sub window can provide.
Particularly with a choice of displaying it as a volume trend in a ribbon format with when MAs are used.
If MAs are not used by selecting 1 as inputs to reflect actual volume driven price action then a
price trend cloud showing a single moving horizontal thick line showing maximum volume number will be helpful for a beginner to understand the importance of volume numbers and trade with confidence and not get engaged with learning of technical or fundamental analysis learning that needs a longer learning curve.

Traders should be able to use ADR -Fibo or any button of their choice on this cloud or ribbon styled chart.
Every thing you say can be done it's just a matter of study and time
These users thanked the author Darks for the post (total 2):
optionhk, Chickenspicy

ChuChu Rocket wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:24 am Great write up and information in this post. Really beneficial for those looking at why and how to use this interesting tool.

Appreciate the time taken to explain and share your experiences with Dark's Directional volatility & volume indicator :thumbup:
Personally, my vote is for Volatility Alarm and Volume combination. I trade manually observing volume and 80 pips as exhaustion point for DAX index during Asian Session only. Trading does not have to be a struggle if you collect statistics on Volume or Pips size as exhaustion point during certain hours and take known risks.
I have no experience of observing the behaviour of 80 pips triggering retracement during Europen or the US because I am content with trading DAX futures during Asian session only. Not after the German cash equity index market opens.
But last week before the explosion on Friday the daily range did not exceed 80 pips from Monday to Thursday, giving no opportunity to trade.
These users thanked the author optionhk for the post (total 2):
RodrigoRT7, Chickenspicy

optionhk wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:51 pm Personally, my vote is for Volatility Alarm and Volume combination.
Yeah, that MT4 Volatility Alarm is a good indicator for letting you know when there are spikes, huh. Good for counter-trend trading those retracements :thumbup:

I saw your request for the MT5 version of Volatility Alarm, what makes you prefer MT5 over MT4 nowdays?
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, Chickenspicy
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎