Re: Requests & Ideas (MT5)

mrtools wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:40 am Sorry not understanding the alert part plus not sure how to change it to pips since it's a percentage indicator. Also posting Mladen's extended version and his explanation about PPO::::::::::::::

The Percentage Price Oscillator Extended (PPO) is a technical Momentum indicator showing the relationship between two Moving Averages. To calculate the PPO, subtract the 26-day Exponential Moving Average (EMA) from the nine-day EMA, and then divide this difference by the 26-day EMA. The end result is a percentage that tells the trader where the short-term average is relative to the longer-term average.

Calculated as:

The PPO and the Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD) are both Momentum indicators that measure the difference between the 26-day and the nine-day Exponential Moving Averages. The main difference between these indicators is that the MACD reports the simple difference between the Exponential Moving Averages, whereas the PPO expresses this difference as a percentage. This allows a trader to use the PPO indicator to compare stocks with different prices more easily. For example, regardless of the stock's price, a PPO result of 10 means the short-term average is 10% above the long-term average.

The Extended version introduces a signal line (EMA is used for Signal line calculation too) and that way the signals are a bit faster compared to the basic version.
Hello MRTools,
you write:the PPO expresses this difference as a percentage
ok...I would like this difference in pips
as regard alert: I would like have an alert when , for example, difference in pips reaches 40 pis...input for this in which I can choose pips
thank you in advance

RSI ALIGATOR

Hello I would like to ask the programmers. I have the RSI indicator with overbought and oversold alarms. Within the same RSI indicator I have set the alligator with all the parameters at 1. It only has one line. I would like that line of the aligator to give me an alarm just like the rsi, when it reaches the levels that I put in the indicator, the aligator would also give an alarm.
Aligator is the green line and RSI is the blue line