Re: Velocity, Momentum & ROC Indicators for MT4

太虚一毫 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:29 pm masterpiece! Unfortunately, the teacher said: It is impossible to add a complete price set and average method.

Added the prices and averages. Also updated the code a bit.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 4):
太虚一毫, kvak, thomdel, optionhk

whiplashtm wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:22 am Maybe something like this could work OK. Do you think the results would be very different? Could you add a signal line (with the different averages)?

And is the smoothing by default "EMA" in this indicator? If so could it also get the option to use the different smoothing averages?

I like how it behaves similar too Volatility Quality - probably because of the Stdev. calculation in it.

Thank you very much!

OMA channel candles + oma atr band on chart (shared by kvak): viewtopic.php?p=1295439418#p1295439418
Made an averages version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 9):
Jimmy, A_5, whiplashtm, RodrigoRT7, Milad8732, 太虚一毫, Jedidiah, moey_dw, crvic

mrtools wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:53 pm Made an averages version.
The Averages filter is a Godsend. Thank you Mrtools and of course Mladen :In Love:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

josi wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pm while I love !rsi adaptive ema levels and its precision (and wish kvak or MrTools would turn it into another button indicator)
I am not so sure - spoiler alert - about averages CMO (see for yourself)
Vidya CMO - on the other hand - is a totally different matter.
Yeah there is something not quite right about it, will study the code more when I get a chance.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
josi, whiplashtm, Jimmy

josi wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:28 pm while I love !rsi adaptive ema levels and its precision (and wish kvak or MrTools would turn it into another button indicator)
I am not so sure - spoiler alert - about averages CMO (see for yourself)
Vidya CMO - on the other hand - is a totally different matter.
Hi Josi.
!rsi adaptive ema levels is a gem from Mrtools and i like it :) .
I'm trying to make a similar one. Here is my trying. It is from old rsi_adaptive_ema_mtf__alerts_2, from Mladen.
Update prices, added 20 averages and DSL.
I dont know how Mrtools calculate DSL levels, my is difrent...especially in longer period...
It is only experiment....
It have functional MTF, but in MTF is bug in Button when you changed position, it is accetable only in current timeframe. In MTF is default.
Dont know how to make it working correctly.
BTW , I think Mrtools version is better....
These users thanked the author kvak for the post (total 5):
josi, Jimmy, 太虚一毫, Manu9710, Cazz223

mrtools wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:01 am Yeah there is something not quite right about it, will study the code more when I get a chance.
I think - all your work is remarkable and fascinating. Thanks for doing it.
One reason, of course, could be that despite the strong price move up (which on higher TFs looks like a BO - engulfing candle - that signifies continuation) it could be
strongly fading momentum (i. e. a fakeout - that would mean price has to go strongly down).
Mladen's indicators often visualize momentum instead of price action.
Also - inputs may be less than ideal, higher period often solves to strong momentum reactions.
Only time will tell what's what.

josi wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:43 pm For the moment I only looked at DSL rsi adaptive ema:
I tried the different averages (by changing them) - you will find that none of them alters the indicator line in any way.
So maybe, just maybe, your indicator list that doesn't work, is the problem.
Josi, you try change perioda of average?
There is a visually diffrent.
For period 1, of course, this is no difference.
Attachments