Re: $500 Prize: Let's program the Holy Grail MA together

moey_dw wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:45 pm wheres button man???? cannot just have it like dis :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
What do you mean you can't have it like this. You asked for a filled background and posted a shit Microsoft Paint illustration that said "Fill the background"?

You kill me sometimes.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:16 pm $500 USD for the best effort

If this thing goes ahead, $500 USD to anyone who comes up with the best coded indicator from this project.

Requirements:

• Non-repainting
  • No expiry
  • Not a blatant copy of another indicator
  • Can be a standalone code (no Alerts etc).
  • Not decompiled (obviously)
  • Source code must be sent to myself and Mrtools for review

What can we come up with? I know we have some talent amongst our coders and members here.

• Jeff
  • Kvak
  • Darks
  • Rplus
  • Sky
  • Pacois
  • Anyone lurking

Winner gets $500 USD sent to you via PayPal or Skrill.

:)
make it $600 with +100 from me
These users thanked the author ionone for the post:
Jimmy

If this thing goes ahead, $500 USD to anyone who comes up with the best coded indicator from this project.

Requirements:

• Non-repainting
  • No expiry

What can we come up with? I know we have some talent amongst our coders and members here.

• Jeff
  • Kvak
  • Darks
  • Rplus
  • Sky
  • Pacois
  • Anyone lurking

:clap: :clap: :clap:
These users thanked the author vvFish for the post:
太虚一毫
"Only the price on the chart can show the entrance to the deal..."

josi wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:15 pm I think that there are rumours that hedge funds, banks etc use algorithms because they have realized that they have the man power, the collective coding intelligence and the hardware to do it....

For discretionary traders adaptive MAs of any sort can be helpful to enter in continuation trades, for example....
As for trend bias: adaptive MAs often obfuscate the overall trend direction because they follow price to closely...
As to the rest: an indicator that could draw the perfect trendline for each swing or trend move would solve prarctically all problems as it would indicate the perfect entry area for the cheapest price.
If you added to that a calculation of how far price moves away from the TL after each touch of the TL then you'd know exactly how strong the trend move is (momentum) at any given moment (before price returns to the mean).
That means you would know when price runs into resistance of any kind and - if no newer highs (in an uptrend) or lows (in a downtrend) are established - you could even anticipate a possible trend reversal (after a TL-break + when a new lower low is established in an uptrend; when a new higher high is established in a downtrend - what Adam Grimes in his book on trading called "the Anti").
But then again - who am I to know...
this guy (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJPMdR ... 3Rwvhalz1Q) was once part of a hedge fund, and they were using a "high-end" pattern algorithm with very small TP and large SL.
from time to time they would lose a big amount and turn into panic mode where they would start doubting their algorithm and try adjusting its parameters...

he said they have a super computer and a lot of money to trade, but they trade like beginners (small TP high SL)
lol ?
太虚一毫

Requirements:

• Non-repainting
  • No expiry

• Jeff
  • Kvak
  • Darks
  • Rplus
  • Sky
  • Pacois
  • Anyone lurking

In theory, as long as there is enough capital fluctuation, once the market reverses, the number of orders will be increased in the opposite direction, so that the number of orders in the correct direction will always be greater than the number of orders in the wrong direction. Then over time, you will be able to make money. This is Massigall's theory (framework).

The problem is that the trader's principal is limited. According to the Martingale method, the final outcome must be eliminated by the market. A good trading system (or indicator or EA) should not have too many trading signals, otherwise the orders will swell quickly to the point where traders can't bear it.

(The signal of the Asian market is often a disturbance to the London and New York markets, the fluctuation is too small, and the value of intervention is not large)

Therefore, the trading system (or indicators, EA) should set some restrictions, such as only opening in London and New York, and closing it at other times. If the London and New York trading were at a loss the day before, if the loss is not large, the Asian trading should be closed the next day. If the loss is large, perhaps you should accept counsel and stop the loss in time and exit.

In fact, if you only trade London and New York, there are generally only 2 trading opportunities per day (maybe 3 in some cases), and the probability of success is very high. An indicator or EA, trading system, if at most only two more accurate signals (including two opposite signals) are sent in London and New York, it is better!

I can’t contribute as I am not a coder but here are my ideas for those who are the talented ones.
This is my contribution to your search for the Holy Grail.
My definition the Holy Grail is that any good template will not produce a loss over a week - and that is my target for an EA.
The indicator I have chosen initially is MACD.
The indicators I have posted are the standard indicators with my settings - and as they are my settings for a specific timeframe and chart I have renamed them for my own recognition – I am hoping this is not an offence?
The ‘underlay’ goes on first and the other is placed on top. Template for the Dow 15m attached - also you can check the outcome of the sell trade on the DAX (see illustration) as the same template fits the Dax.
THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THIS POST is that these MACD levels create meaningful and often accurate S&R levels and regularly show divergence.
It seems to me that someone at forex-station can produce a very successful EA using chart and timeframe specific MACD levels – making a stop very accurate as the crossing of levels is a support/resistance and the histo value can be associated with the price at the time of the cross over the level.
If someone does make a chart specific EA (and I will help with the specific settings as they mainly are different) could it be agreed that 5% of the weekly profits be sent to the British heart Foundation?

I have pre-named the prospective EA ‘LRT’. It stands for Low Risk Trader’ – not the brilliant Singapore underground.
Plan of attack is as follows:
1. Chart choice – preferably indices but will adapt to FX.
2. Timeframe
3. I will give the coder the MACD settings and standard entry, exit and stop loss based on the illustration of entry and exit
4. It can be tried demo for one week and adapted if necessary and those who are involved should expect to make a profit every single week otherwise it is a failure.
5. It will never be put up for sale without the express agreement that 5% of weekly profits will be donated to the charity above

Indicators attached along with a specimen chart as an illustration as to how it works.

Any problems get back to me.
TEAMTRADER
These users thanked the author TEAMTRADER for the post:
太虚一毫

TEAMTRADER wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:09 am I can’t contribute as I am not a coder but here are my ideas for those who are the talented ones.
This is my contribution to your search for the Holy Grail.
My definition the Holy Grail is that any good template will not produce a loss over a week - and that is my target for an EA.
The indicator I have chosen initially is MACD.
The indicators I have posted are the standard indicators with my settings - and as they are my settings for a specific timeframe and chart I have renamed them for my own recognition – I am hoping this is not an offence?
The ‘underlay’ goes on first and the other is placed on top. Template for the Dow 15m attached - also you can check the outcome of the sell trade on the DAX (see illustration) as the same template fits the Dax.
THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THIS POST is that these MACD levels create meaningful and often accurate S&R levels and regularly show divergence.
It seems to me that someone at forex-station can produce a very successful EA using chart and timeframe specific MACD levels – making a stop very accurate as the crossing of levels is a support/resistance and the histo value can be associated with the price at the time of the cross over the level.
If someone does make a chart specific EA (and I will help with the specific settings as they mainly are different) could it be agreed that 5% of the weekly profits be sent to the British heart Foundation?

I have pre-named the prospective EA ‘LRT’. It stands for Low Risk Trader’ – not the brilliant Singapore underground.
Plan of attack is as follows:
1. Chart choice – preferably indices but will adapt to FX.
2. Timeframe
3. I will give the coder the MACD settings and standard entry, exit and stop loss based on the illustration of entry and exit
4. It can be tried demo for one week and adapted if necessary and those who are involved should expect to make a profit every single week otherwise it is a failure.
5. It will never be put up for sale without the express agreement that 5% of weekly profits will be donated to the charity above

Indicators attached along with a specimen chart as an illustration as to how it works.

Any problems get back to me.
TEAMTRADER
hey
I understand the first entry and exit (MACD cross above second level, then exit when MACD gets under signal line)
but the other reentries I quite don't get it. Could you explain more clearly ?
once I understand fully i'll make an indicator that backtests this strategy and gives profit and DD levels
thanks for sharing
太虚一毫