Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

josi wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:48 pm Just to show you how Jurik Filter was doing this morning:
Yeah, Josi, it's not bad.....but not good either. I always wonder why we would stick to indicators to make trading decisions. Don't get me wrong, I play a lot with them out of curiosity to see what's the actual result.
But then, I always get back to a few trendlines and some patience. Doesn't get better than that. It's relaxing and pins your mind to price action.
I hope Xard won't mind. I just want to show the underlying basics of PA trading. Maybe some will get the idea.

US30 TF 15m
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post (total 4):
josi, DVanAssen, Pauliz, tuann2

RplusT wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:28 pm Yeah, Josi, it's not bad.....but not good either. I always wonder why we would stick to indicators to make trading decisions. Don't get me wrong, I play a lot with them out of curiosity to see what's the actual result.
But then, I always get back to a few trendlines and some patience. Doesn't get better than that. It's relaxing and pins your mind to price action.
I hope Xard won't mind. I just want to show the underlying basics of PA trading. Maybe some will get the idea.

US30 TF 15m

Trendlines_1.JPG
Hi RplusT, would the ZZ Channels help with what i see on your chart?
Regards Deane

Well, I can't answer that. Put one on the chart and see if it helps you. I assume you know that ZZ lines are Hi/Lows...depending on the setting following all hi/lows or only major ones.
Like the Semaphor Indicator (showing the same) those hi/lows cannot be traded till they are established. But by then the price is already on the way. If you want to trade this you could as well trade Xard's chart as his one focuses exactly on that.

Daily target of 25% ADR achieved = 112 points

UPDATE: Short explanation

• ZZ Line (orange) Bias short
  • candles pink
  • TMA (lime-crimson) red
  • SMA (white line) short
  • crossing of GB and TMA

Subwindow:

• WPR is pink
  • ADX is red

========== SELL

TP at pivot point
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post (total 10):
xard777, Jimmy, stond, satyafx, LorenzoNexus, gamerredd, Musashi, LJC, ebi, ChuChu Rocket
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777