Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Hey Julia,

We've all been there. In my opinion, Xard's system is awesome, and I too have been working on passing the FTMO challenge. The turning point for me was coming up with an exit strategy. I think Xard's system is so clear on entries, but exit strategies are a bit ambiguous. Some go for TP, others tailing stop. For me, a strong R:R ration with clear tp was key to start turning a profit.

How are you currently using the system? What's your entry, exit strategy?
These users thanked the author Castle73 for the post:
gamerredd

Castle73 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:34 am Nice trade. Do you wait for the close of the candle, or do you enter on color change alone? From your pic it look like color change.
That's the beauty of it - whenever it suits them, some enter on an open candle and if it works out you get a screenshot (i. e. M15 - as if there was an obvious trade to be taken).
If this same person suffers a loss, no screenshot, maybe a tearful emoji telling you he/she forgot his/her SL.
This candle - I think - was right at US open, meaning; a market with high volatility, so to enter - under the circumstances - on this open candle was - I think - very risky, indeed, more gambling than trading (but it worked out).
Most people who know what it feels like to have entered too early and then see the candle turn in the last five minutes (or seconds) will tell you to wait for a closed candle before you enter.
I'd say: wait for the candle to close or
- if like yesterday - you are hoping that buyers are trapped and anticipate a strong move downwards (because the last candle on H1 was an upward candle closing above EMA9 - but - at the same time - downward TL/bias) then change to a lower TF (in this case M5) and enter after candle closes below EMA9 (aggressive entry) or EMA36.
But then again: what do I know...
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
Pauliz, gamerredd

josi wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:54 pm That's the beauty of it - whenever it suits them, some enter on an open candle and if it works out you get a screenshot (i. e. M15 - as if there was an obvious trade to be taken).
If this same person suffers a loss, no screenshot, maybe a tearful emoji telling you he/she forgot his/her SL.
This candle - I think - was right at US open, meaning; a market with high volatility, so to enter - under the circumstances - on this open candle was - I think - very risky, indeed, more gambling than trading (but it worked out).
Most people who know what it feels like to have entered too early and then see the candle turn in the last five minutes (or seconds) will tell you to wait for a closed candle before you enter.
I'd say: wait for the candle to close or
- if like yesterday - you are hoping that buyers are trapped and anticipate a strong move downwards (because the last candle on H1 was an upward candle closing above EMA9 - but - at the same time - downward TL/bias) then change to a lower TF (in this case M5) and enter after candle closes below EMA9 (aggressive entry) or EMA36.
But then again: what do I know...
at the end of the day, it's all about finding confluences to add to your confidence to enter a trade. yesterday price was also at mm overbought zone, shown rejection under open line and vwap line. i can definitely see why an experienced trader could enter early,

i am new and help needed to understand few parameters in XARD
screenshot attached.
1) as per XARD steps entry should on crossing after the second dot according to the trend up or down
what if crossing happened before the second dot?
2) what is zz1 and zz2
3) can we disable the left side of display which shows other indice ? i assume if data keep updating means it lag the system.
4) is there any XARD dedicated to forex only , so it works faster?
5) is there steps how to install this system in Ubuntu?
thank you , help appreciated
Attachments

1) stick to the instructions
2) two zigzag indicators
3) delete dash indicator
4) works for any symbol
5) viewtopic.php?p=1295427534#p1295427534

neel wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:55 pm i am new and help needed to understand few parameters in XARD
screenshot attached.
1) as per XARD steps entry should on crossing after the second dot according to the trend up or down
what if crossing happened before the second dot?
2) what is zz1 and zz2
3) can we disable the left side of display which shows other indice ? i assume if data keep updating means it lag the system.
4) is there any XARD dedicated to forex only , so it works faster?
5) is there steps how to install this system in Ubuntu?
thank you , help appreciated

Castle73 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:44 pm Hey Julia,

We've all been there. In my opinion, Xard's system is awesome, and I too have been working on passing the FTMO challenge. The turning point for me was coming up with an exit strategy. I think Xard's system is so clear on entries, but exit strategies are a bit ambiguous. Some go for TP, others tailing stop. For me, a strong R:R ration with clear tp was key to start turning a profit.

How are you currently using the system? What's your entry, exit strategy?
Thank you for your reply. I was mainly trading the 2nd dot at first, 15 min with confirmation on 1 hour on forex pairs and ger30 and things went well for a while but trading too many pairs started giving me more losses than wins so I thought that I should simplify and focus on indexes, backtesting and forward testing them intensively and really get to know only two instruments well enough and then continue things from there... then I started using the panel on 1 min with confirmation on 15 min and taking two positions, 1 with open tp and the other with fixed tp and a 1:1 RRR... but the winrate of my trades is not being enough to compensate for the losing strikes which means that I am on the negative side now... I suspected that improving RRR could be the key but I don't know how exactly... Because my sl are usually too big I suppose, maybe because I am still stuck with the dot mindset and putting my sl in there...
What can you suggest to improve RRR and sl placement?