Re: POST YOUR TRADING DESK

RplusT wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:25 am hahahaha....... man,what are you trading!?...... :D
not really my desk.

Martin Bierbaum 1990 spot deutschmark brokers.

Found this interesting vid (in German) Bierbaum trading floor 1980 onward, not a screen in sight just hundreds of phones. First screen doesn't appear until 1992. Fascinating.

These users thanked the author Ogee for the post (total 3):
RplusT, Skyold, saishala

Ogee wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:39 am not really my desk.

Martin Bierbaum 1990 spot deutschmark brokers.

Found this interesting vid (in German) Bierbaum trading floor 1980 onward, not a screen in sight just hundreds of phones. First screen doesn't appear until 1992. Fascinating.

Yeah, I know....was just kidding.....
The job as a floor trader must have been hilarious in those days, being constantly on the phone with their clients....sell now...buy now...surrounded by hundreds doing the same, while also having to concentrate on where the PA is heading. I definitely prefer sitting at home using the internet connection... :D

RplusT wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:27 pm Yeah, I know....was just kidding.....
The job as a floor trader must have been hilarious in those days, being constantly on the phone with their clients....sell now...buy now...surrounded by hundreds doing the same, while also having to concentrate on where the PA is heading. I definitely prefer sitting at home using the internet connection... :D
Also interestingly I heard an old guy from the LIFFE trading floor say that very few of the old guys were successful in making the transition from pit or phone trading to on-screen trading from home, not sure why.

LikeRe: POST YOUR TRADING DESK

moey_dw wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:35 am haha........... dat is so cool!!!!! i can see haos visual averages too......... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeah, that does look like Mrtools's latest version of Haos Visual!

How nice is that view though :)
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
moey_dw
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance