Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

tradersanbrokers wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:43 pm Am still loosing trades is someoen willign to help me here so can send screenshots of setups with entriesan exits
where someone who can guide if have taken the right ones please.
Look at the evolution of the system. And look here:
viewtopic.php?f=579489&t=8474017
Example - post # 50; # 64; # 77; # 104; # 112; # 113; # 165; # 171; # 186; # 189; # 190; # 203; # 261; # 266; # 276

viewtopic.php?f=579489&t=8474017&start=170
viewtopic.php?f=579489&t=8474017&start=210
viewtopic.php?f=579489&t=8474017&start= ... &start=240
You need to understand the "psychology of the market", why the price moves in "THIS" direction. And wait for the "accurate" signal to enter.
These users thanked the author RomanUkraine for the post:
Andrés49

Castle73 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:25 am Nice, Xard. Thanks for the tip. Would you mind dropping the new Gann settings and indicator that's in your pic? I really like that set-up.
XARD: Give me a couple of weeks, still to sync some stuff.
How many price filters have you used in 10 years? You have already returned to Gann 2 times. Can you do something with Hull Moving?
When I am at home, I will ask you to improve the CCI filter, I have an idea.

XARD; It is the same XARDFX moving average, I simply changed the setting to 9 EMA High & 9 EMA Low instead of Median then set the bgd line color to clrNONE and the same with the H/L lines so it only shows one line for each of the H/L. All done from the input menu.

xard777 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:22 am You know the saying "Sell in May and stay away", well with trading indices we can still trade throughout the summer months albeit with reduced daily target levels.
Basically from September to May I aim for 20% per day and in the summer months drop down to 12.5% per day. OK, in reality not every day is a target day. Some days I only hit 10% and other days 6% but there are other days that I hit my targets and shut her down and go do something else. I try to maintain a business like approach when trading. Keep the losses small and let your winners run, when your targets are hit STOP! go do something else. Different traders have different targets, could be 4% & 2%.
Whatever your daily target is, once met, get out and don't go back in. No good giving back to the market what took you all day to get in the first place.

What I look for when trading is where is the 2nd Dot, Perimeter Dot and triangle? Once the 2nd Dot has been made then we can expect change in the Direction. Watch the different TFs... in the enclosed screenshot you can see the 15min, 5min and yes, the 1min TFs. You want to see the Road map play out from the perspective of the 2nd Dot. Once a 2nd Dot appears do not jump in, instead WAIT for price to cross your trend or signal line before jumping in. In smaller TFs price will play out with more smaller cycles which will seem as if price is ranging then all of a sudden we get a breakout and price plays out the higher TF's.

This type of pattern repeats all the time, you just need to watch it play out in the different TFs again and again. That is why I always go for the visual setup so I can see the moves play out off the 2nd Dot, the 2nd PerDot, the 2nd Square. The play off the 2nd Dot is a self similar fractal that repeats on all TFs.

The 2nd Dot is used to confirm that the new Square is no longer repainting and that a change is now taking place.
Gann said that there is nothing new under the sun, everything repeats given time, even this post is a repeat of what I have said throughout this thread.
Xard777
Those triangle indicate divergence isn't it?
The semafor calculated based on previous fractal and zigzag
These users thanked the author p1ps_surfer for the post:
marius_md

Update
Paying it forward - making your trading life that bit easier.
Enjoy
Xard777
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Hi Xard and thanks for the update.

Could you make a comment on how exactly you use the PFO and HiLo collumn values of the Dash in your thinking process?
XARD: The Hilo figure lets you see the range of the market for today and the PFO lets you see how far it is above or below from the Daily Open.
These are simply at a glance snapshot figures, the same data is in the Panel indy top right of your chart along with the percentage ADR price movement which is also displayed on the chart.

@ XARD Yes, I realise what the figures mean, my question is on how you use these figures in your thinking process, how these 2 collumns affect your decision to trade or not and when to trade - or do they affect your exit as well?