Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Many thanks mrtools for the updates.

A suggestion for the dash.

The problem I face (and many others I assume) is that CFDs of indices and commodities are not displayed correctly (see below dash picture for #Germany30 and #US$idx_M21 - for #Germany30 zero decimals should be shown, for #US$idx_M21 2 decimals, or 3 should be shown). One cannot provide for all the possible naming combinations used by brokers, so why not give the users the ability to define how many decimal places to be shown for each CFD? Currency pairs are displayed correctly so we are talking about the Index Pairs input of the indicator. How about creating another input field (let's name it 'Index Pairs decimals'), below the Index Pairs field, so that the user can define for each entry in the Index Pairs field, by inputting a comma separated array of values, how many decimals will be shown in the Bid column. From this value, the PFO and HiLo display can be adjusted automatically.

Please consider for improving the dash display.

mrtools wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:19 pm Try these for now, think all 3 will need some recoding as we go, but at least it's a start, and will know more when the market opens tomorrow. On the XU panel versions was able to do very little for now, hopefully will get a better understanding of them in the near future.
Attachments
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
optionhk

tradersanbrokers wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:18 pm Is this a buy entry as the emas show its all setup just that there is a semafor
still which shows a down trend so how many would take a buy on this ?
That is not a buy, see the red triangle? see the lower red dot than the one before, I would be waiting for a sell.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 2):
Musashi, DRAXILL
nil desperandum

chris006 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:43 am Many thanks mrtools for the updates.

A suggestion for the dash.

The problem I face (and many others I assume) is that CFDs of indices and commodities are not displayed correctly (see below dash picture for #Germany30 and #US$idx_M21 - for #Germany30 zero decimals should be shown, for #US$idx_M21 2 decimals, or 3 should be shown). One cannot provide for all the possible naming combinations used by brokers, so why not give the users the ability to define how many decimal places to be shown for each CFD? Currency pairs are displayed correctly so we are talking about the Index Pairs input of the indicator. How about creating another input field (let's name it 'Index Pairs decimals'), below the Index Pairs field, so that the user can define for each entry in the Index Pairs field, by inputting a comma separated array of values, how many decimals will be shown in the Bid column. From this value, the PFO and HiLo display can be adjusted automatically.

Please consider for improving the dash display.
Ran out of time but will look at fixing that sometime hopefully tomorrow.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
chris006, Musashi, fadhayemustafa

mrtools wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:19 pm Try these for now, think all 3 will need some recoding as we go, but at least it's a start, and will know more when the market opens tomorrow. On the XU panel versions was able to do very little for now, hopefully will get a better understanding of them in the near future.
Thank you very much.

The broker I use has 10 or fewer digits for all of its CFD index and other asset symbols. These digits remain at 10.

The price is expressed in 5 digits with 5 decimals( total 10 letters) You may reduce it to 5 digits without any decimals.
Attached is the picture.
Attachments

You can use this to check the success rate of the strategy:
download/file.php?id=3381371
viewtopic.php?t=8473565&p=1295424814#p1295424814

No, not exactly the same as you are looking for.

There's this script (not indicator) for free on the donforex website which plots the previous days ADR - maybe you'll find this helpful.

I do not know of weekly / monthly adr indis but as an alternative you could use weekly / monthly pivot indicators.
Mustafa wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:19 am I have seen some exceptionally creadtive coders on this forum and forexstation..... unfortunately my total background is in literature studies so at times I feel it at a great loss when there are so many good things but one doesn't know how to work with them. ADR targets is one such beauty. The Way XARD has utilized it in determining the trade targets and the person who has coded it deserve respect from all members of this community. It has changed the way I trade and know exactly what my targets and stops should be. Please. include two features in this indicator: Enable it to Plot the past days to observe how adr targets have been hit in the history. Having previous days price data with adr targets will enable anyone to see how those levels were either reached or respected in the past. Second. For longer term swing traders the feature to plot monthly/weekly and even quartely adr targets will provide a unique long term perspective on price direction and expected targets over longer time horizons. I wish I could code. I would really love to see these features in the ADR indicator so outstandingly used by XARD. My deepest regards for everyone on this forum who does this invaluable job of coding these indicators and my earnest request to include these features in the ADR indicator....
These users thanked the author chris006 for the post:
Mustafa