Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

tradersanbrokers wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:55 am Am still making losses an not getting it can some of you traders please post a few charts of the 5 m an 15 m tf with entry points an exit points please.

Are we to enter only during the london open an ny open or not really.

As when there is a blue or red candle close I always make losses with the next grey candle as have to close the trade for a loss, so if keep entering these fake outs
wont we bust the account ?

Some enter and exit pics would really help.

An taking any trades from the dots is a complete NO NO is it ? Do any of you guys take these trades of the dots ? Or not really
You may find it useful to run it on historical data through simulation softwre like Soft4FX and see how dots/semafors 'evolve' over time and how entry points follow once their positions are set...

tradersanbrokers wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:49 pm Thanks gamerredd for the chart really helps a lot, just that cant really get to know the 2nd dot can you
show a few 2nd dot chart entries please as that would help.
Is the 2nd dot always after the big square semafor or is the second dot after the big round and square semafor ?

If you can make 2, 2nd dots on the chart that would be very good please.
Ans so we wait for the pink and blue triangle or nto required always ? also the exit is it always at the next small dot ?
or we can wait and see what proce is doing really.

Also these crosses which happen are they only to be entered after big semafors or also we can enter on the small semofors an crosses of prce or NO ?

This would help a lot of us guys here thanks again gamerredd an all of you who are so very helpful.
OK I am going to try and answer your questions as best as I can. (Pls note that I am not an expert on this system and I have been trading it for about 6 months so I could be wrong)

Here are some 2nd dot entries on US500 15m chart.
From my experience I have found that a 2nd dot can be after the square semafor and also the perimeter dot (big round dot). The triangles really help in connecting the dots so I would suggest you try them.
With regards to exiting, I normally have a fixed amount of pips that I target per trade that works for me. You can use the ADR percentage levels as exit targets (38% or 61%). I would suggest you backtest and see what exit strategies work for you as well. Just remember to be realistic when setting exit targets. Dont try to catch 500 pips per trade or let a good trade go bad because you didn't take profit thinking the trade would run for another 150 pips. I have found that small consistent gains adds up over time. But again that's just from personal experience.

I hope that helps.
All the best.
These users thanked the author gamerredd for the post (total 6):
briqparis, oskar656, Alphonse91, Musashi, Andres128, pfxi

tradersanbrokers wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:48 pm thanks a lot gamer this has helped a lot also is it mandatory to wait for the pink an blue triangle ?
always so typically if we get 7 to 8 tradesd right out of 10 thts great.

Also we should request xard to add this indicators for mt5 if he can.
Waiting for the triangles helps you to clearly connect the dots so its easier to see the direction. I normally wait for a triangle to form. I wouldn't say it is mandatory but I found from experience that its good practice to wait for it to form especially if you're starting out. You mentioned earlier that you struggled to see the 2nd dot entries, so by waiting for the triangle to form you will always see the 2nd dot and know which direction to enter in.

And yes if get 7 to 8 trades or more out of 10 that's great. Remember, you are not going to win every single time so make sure your money mgmt. is good to avoid huge losses.

Lastly, I have seen that requests for the system to converted to MT5 have routinely been ignored as I haven't seen any MT5 version so far. But the system you have now is more than capable of making you money so just use it on MT4.

All the best.
These users thanked the author gamerredd for the post:
Musashi

builderall wrote: I can see that we have 3 different types of dots. As far as I understand, the square dot is the big trend(2), the round dot is the medium(1) trend and the small dot is the small trend(3)
Do I understand correctly?

If I'm not wrong, the big blue/green or pink/red with yellow square is to indicate the high/low of the 4H TF, the big blue/green or pink/red without the yellow square is to indicate the high/low of the 1H TF, the red or green dots are to indicate the high/low of the 15min or lower TF.

tradersanbrokers wrote: Thanks gamerredd for the chart really helps a lot, just that cant really get to know the 2nd dot can you
show a few 2nd dot chart entries please as that would help.
Is the 2nd dot always after the big square semafor or is the second dot after the big round and square semafor ?

If you can make 2, 2nd dots on the chart that would be very good please.
Ans so we wait for the pink and blue triangle or nto required always ? also the exit is it always at the next small dot ?
or we can wait and see what proce is doing really.

Also these crosses which happen are they only to be entered after big semafors or also we can enter on the small semofors an crosses of prce or NO ?

This would help a lot of us guys here thanks again gamerredd an all of you who are so very helpful.

Friends, please don't overcomplicate or overthink this system. Xard's simple trend following system is just as it's said, simple trend following. And what's the most simple trend indicator and trend following strategy? The MA and MA cross strategy. That is what this is, a simple MA cross strategy. What you need to do is use the MA cross as your main or first signal, if the price is above the 144 MA and the faster MA cross the slower MA up, then you go long, and vice versa, if the price is below the 144 MA and the faster MA crosses the slower MA down, then go short. Xard is making this even easier as he codes the candle to just turn green or red when the condition above met.

Now, for the semaphores, NEVER used it as any signal or whatsoever. How to use the semaphores is to simply use it just as a roadmap (like what Xard's always said since his FF days). You can do top-down analysis from higher TF to the lower TF. Or, just use the 15min TF and entry at 5min TF just to make it easier just like what Xard has posted. Trade from the 4H TF to another 4H TF swing high and swing low, between that, you have the 1H TF swing high and swing low.

Now, combine that with the MA cross signal. For example, you first look where the price is according to the MAs, if the price is above the 144 MA and the fast MA crosses the slow MA up, then what you need to do is see where you are now in the roadmap. If the pink/red with yellow square 4h TF semaphore has formed, in the big roadmap then you are looking to go for the blue/green with yellow square 4h TF (which means up, also the same thing for the 1H TF semaphores). Then, we go into more detail, if the green 15min TF semaphore has formed after the 4H TF pink/red with yellow square (or the 1H TF pink/red dot), this means you're not safe yet to enter a long position. If the red 15min TF semaphore has formed after the green 15min TF semaphore, now your main MA cross signal is in a higher chance position for a safe long entry.
Pro tips: always think the last higher TF semaphore formed is not there, let's say, you are in a bullish trend, now, you are already in an open position, or you actually thinking of to open position. The big 1H TF or the 4H TF semaphore suddenly formed or already formed, then you think, "price must be already too high, it's going to reverse", ignore the thinking and ignore the semaphore as if the semaphore hasn't formed yet. Use the previous higher TF semaphore to see where you are in the roadmap.

I see that you said that you always close the position too early because the indicator change suddenly, my advice is for you to just use a simple risk to reward ratio of 1 to 2 or 1 to 3. Open the position AFTER the candle closed and has the corresponding color, set your TP and SL, close your MT4 and chart, and just forget, go do another thing, and back after a few hours. Always use a demo account first. What you really need to remember is there are no 100% holy grail indicators or systems. You will and can not have a good trade setup every day, and thus don't force yourself to trade every day. I also advise you to learn about money management, how to see price charts and market structure, and basic price action. Babypips is a good place to learn. Seriously learn these things first before delving into a system or indicators, as this is a mistake that many new traders did. The whole concept of price action, price charts, and all those candlesticks and chart patterns may turn you away, but it seriously is not that hard. The KEY to succeeding in trading is not in the system or the indicator, it is in the MONEY MANAGEMENT.

And lastly, a simple question to those still trying to understand the system, what makes a trend? Either uptrend or downtrend. The answer will make you not overthink or overcomplicate this system. Thank you.
These users thanked the author Alphonse91 for the post (total 8):
gamerredd, oskar656, Musashi, thomdel, AlexBello, pfxi, Shockr, Mic014