Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

tradersanbrokers wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:30 pm Everyone this can be a bit of a long message please try to add as much value as we can as traders to
help other traders who are trying to make it including me.

Have realized that its better to trade from the semafors as they canshift a few pips aprox around 50 pips to 100 pips on a trend,
so if this happens then we should just keep a stop at the top or bottom end of the big square semafor or the big round semafor.

" This will give us lesser losses and then wait for the next big round semafor or big square semafor"

So all in all we just trade of the big round and square semafors on the 5 min and 15 min tf with stops at the to an lower ​end of the semofors.
An not trade the smaller red an green dots as they can keep shifting too. Maybe the bigger semafors are stronger areas for price to turn from

Another thing to look for is the 2nd dot strategy which have been trying find the setups but this can be tricky as its more of a waiting game here.

An as far as the strategy of entering with the trend with the candles can be very tiring as in a sideways channel will will keep loosing money
specially on the 5m and 15 min tf saying this after trying all these XARD strategies.

If any of you have anything to say on the bigger semafor strategy with first stops using the 5min and 15m and also the 30m or 1h and 4h then these
inputs would really help the traders who are still trying to make pips.

As have stilll got the accuracy to trade with the candles and the trend color indicators, its really tuff.

NOTE : How many of you have tried this with the first stop at the big semofors and traded at least 100 trades and then calculated your profit and loss?
Has it been profitable if yes please give your replies, also those who have tried trading all the big an small semofors from the 5 m tf and the 15m tf with first stops just above and below the semafors. Without shifting stops, have any of you tried such 100 trades an are profitable or not really.

XARD if you can throw some of your inputs on this message it would really enourage us all please.
If I understand you correctly: Trading dots/semafors as they appear will drain your account almost immediately. Their very nature is that they are transitory biases, not reversal indicators. They l need to be 'locked' in place by at a minumum a cross of MAs, preferably by second dot, and always with the longer term trend. Thats where the trades are.
These users thanked the author Pauliz for the post:
Mustafa

Pauliz wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:20 pm If I understand you correctly: Trading dots/semafors as they appear will drain your account almost immediately. Their very nature is that they are transitory biases, not reversal indicators. They l need to be 'locked' in place by at a minumum a cross of MAs, preferably by second dot, and always with the longer term trend. Thats where the trades are.
'locked' in support/resistance zone

josi wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:43 pm I may be wrong, of course and as always, but to take only yesterday afternoon:
The US-500 move upwards could have gotten you about 550 pips.
(Forget about the "don't be greedy"-debate once and for all: depending on your strategy your trades may last long enough to get you all the pips you need, for example: swing-trading).
As to compounding: grow slowly (risk only between 1-3 per cent per trade) and lot-size will grow with it (numbers - in the end - are only numbers).
Depending on your broker (and the instruments you trade) you may find that retail traders face an upward limit of 100 Lots.
Hi Josi - Granted as i seen it but the move was $125 thus how would you estimate the overall gain as per lots needed for that US500 trade?

xard777 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:58 am A quiet day today on the Dow.
Trading the 5min chart with the 15min Road Map.
Xard777
Hi XARD,
it's nice to hear from you again. I hope everything is fine and you enjoy your retirement.
I traded the US500 today (as always :) ).
There were many good opportunities. Although my daily goal is 150 points = 2.5%, trailing has made it a bit more.
Skyold
Attachments
These users thanked the author Skyold for the post:
Musashi
We create order out of chaos - we trade that order, but sometimes that chaos is out of order, so we WAIT!!! for the order to return - and we trade again. XARD777

Am still making losses an not getting it can some of you traders please post a few charts of the 5 m an 15 m tf with entry points an exit points please.

Are we to enter only during the london open an ny open or not really.

As when there is a blue or red candle close I always make losses with the next grey candle as have to close the trade for a loss, so if keep entering these fake outs
wont we bust the account ?

Some enter and exit pics would really help.

An taking any trades from the dots is a complete NO NO is it ? Do any of you guys take these trades of the dots ? Or not really

tradersanbrokers wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:55 am Am still making losses an not getting it can some of you traders please post a few charts of the 5 m an 15 m tf with entry points an exit points please.

Are we to enter only during the london open an ny open or not really.

As when there is a blue or red candle close I always make losses with the next grey candle as have to close the trade for a loss, so if keep entering these fake outs
wont we bust the account ?

Some enter and exit pics would really help.

An taking any trades from the dots is a complete NO NO is it ? Do any of you guys take these trades of the dots ? Or not really
Hi there,

Take a look at a post XARD made a while back showing where to enter and exit using the system. As for me, I wait for the dots to be 'locked' by waiting for price to cross the MA lines. I dont think its a good idea to trade dots as you see them in real time as they can repaint so always wait for the cross.
You can see from the picture above, there is a Blue square meaning you should be looking for BUY trades off the second dot (which is at 1682.21) the blue triangle helps you to see it clearly. After you get confirmation of the second dot, then you wait for price to cross the MA lines and take the BUY.

I hope that helps.
All the best.
These users thanked the author gamerredd for the post (total 6):
Andres128, Mustafa, Musashi, DRAXILL, LJC, msbh

xard777 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:58 am A quiet day today on the Dow.
Trading the 5min chart with the 15min Road Map.
Xard777
I wish you all the best, my brother, and I am very happy to see you again, and I hope that you will not be cut off from your interesting and exciting posts. Please share with us these indicators here, so that we can benefit from them.I mean, the one in the background admits that it changes with the stability of the semaphore, I hope that my understanding is correct

DVanAssen wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 am Hi Josi - Granted as i seen it but the move was $125 thus how would you estimate the overall gain as per lots needed for that US500 trade?
your 1 pip/Lot = 10 Dollars may be correct for you (who knows) but probably isn't for most others:
there are really too many quite individual factors in every broker's account to answer that: for example:
instruments you trade
leverage
transaction costs...
The point is, though: once you start thinking in percent (for example: I risk 1 percent per trade with a fixed entry, fixed exit and fixed stop-loss) and if you have a system and not only a setup (for example: I take it you use Xard's setup) the numbers behind the 1 percent change with every trade but are - if you have a profitable system (something you have to find out before you start trading with real money) - more or less irrelevant, so to speak...

Thanks gamerredd for the chart really helps a lot, just that cant really get to know the 2nd dot can you
show a few 2nd dot chart entries please as that would help.
Is the 2nd dot always after the big square semafor or is the second dot after the big round and square semafor ?

If you can make 2, 2nd dots on the chart that would be very good please.
Ans so we wait for the pink and blue triangle or nto required always ? also the exit is it always at the next small dot ?
or we can wait and see what proce is doing really.

Also these crosses which happen are they only to be entered after big semafors or also we can enter on the small semofors an crosses of prce or NO ?

This would help a lot of us guys here thanks again gamerredd an all of you who are so very helpful.
These users thanked the author tradersanbrokers for the post:
gamerredd