Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Mustafa wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:37 pm Yesterday took one trade when the market seemed to be trending and it provided a beautiful run.... However, I am still working on how to implement the compounding method into my trading... Any suggestion or guidance in that regard will be highly appreciated...
Hi Mustafa. I am also working on that as it "seems" very enticing to engage in. What confuses me is that the $per pip gradually increases yet the pips target acquired remains 5 so the only variable left to change to gain that new $ per pip means the lot size must increase. We all know in FX 1 pip equals $10. But as the value eventually reaches £776 in the very last day. That amounts to £776 times current exchange rate which is say 1.4 now has a value of $1100 thus the pips therein is 110 pips. So 110 pips divided by the target of 5 pips means you need to place 110 divided by 5 = 22 lots. And 22 lots going the wrong way is BOOM CRASH BROKE !

That's the only way i see it either get 22 lots of 5 pips OR seek a trade with 110 pip target in one lot. Any comments?

No wait I am wrong - it gets worse because in the accompanying column we have a value of £3884 profit acquired. Thus £3884 times exchange rate of 1.41 mean an overall gain of $5500. This now means $5500 divided by $10 = 550 pips. So 550 pips divided by 5 pip target = 110 lots with a 5 pip target.
So now to gain $5500 you need to place a trade with 110 lots OR seek a target of 550 pips (unheard of ADR) in another manner

Any comments?
These users thanked the author DVanAssen for the post:
Mustafa

DVanAssen wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:19 pm seek a target of 550 pips (unheard of ADR) in another manner
I may be wrong, of course and as always, but to take only yesterday afternoon:
The US-500 move upwards could have gotten you about 550 pips.
(Forget about the "don't be greedy"-debate once and for all: depending on your strategy your trades may last long enough to get you all the pips you need, for example: swing-trading).
As to compounding: grow slowly (risk only between 1-3 per cent per trade) and lot-size will grow with it (numbers - in the end - are only numbers).
Depending on your broker (and the instruments you trade) you may find that retail traders face an upward limit of 100 Lots.
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 2):
gamerredd, Mustafa

RomanUkraine wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:34 pm viewtopic.php?p=1295432740#p1295432740
I showed part of the idea in this thread. There, see the correspondence on several posts.
Now poor internet access. I'll try to do something.
The trend is for TF M-15, and the entrance to the “wing” is for TF M-5.
"Wing" is point 2.
viewtopic.php?p=1295432739#p1295432739
Main idea.
viewtopic.php?p=1295432740#p1295432740
Indi
viewtopic.php?p=1295434042#p1295434042
Please Sir, what kind indicator is this 2.0 HG? RSI, STOCHASTIC.....Do you Know. I like it

josi wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:43 pm I may be wrong, of course and as always, but to take only yesterday afternoon:
The US-500 move upwards could have gotten you about 550 pips.
(Forget about the "don't be greedy"-debate once and for all: depending on your strategy your trades may last long enough to get you all the pips you need, for example: swing-trading).
As to compounding: grow slowly (only between 1-3 per cent per trade) and lot-size will grow with it (numbers - in the end - are only numbers).
Depending on your broker (and the instruments you trade) you may find that retail traders face an upward limit of 100 Lots.
My take on don't be greedy is not to chase too many pips and end up having the trade come back and result in little or no gain.

Compounding can add a lot of profit but the more you increase the lot size the more effect a reversal would have. The other way to trade is just start off bigger and stick to the lot size, if you are winning more than losing then there is no reason you can't have bigger initial lot sizes.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 4):
ChuChu Rocket, gamerredd, Mustafa, Musashi
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:19 pm not to chase too many pips and end up having the trade come back and result in little or no gain.
I may be wrong - yet again - but you shouldn't "chase" at all (and if you follow your plan and price comes back, so be it, you are stopped out and that's also part of your system: see below).
1. You develop a strategy (decisive entry point, decisive exit point, fixed risk-reward-ratio)
2. You backtest it until you know exactly:
a) win rate
b) profitability
c) maximum drawdown
(it never was true that you need a high win-rate for a profitable system)
After about 400 trades of backtesting and forward-testing (demo):
You know (more or less) how many trades you will win, how many trades you will lose, how high the loss will be in monetary terms, what is your likely maximum drawdown (and whether you can live with it) and how much overall profit you are likely to make.
Then - and only then - do you start trading real money.
Under these conditions there should be no greed, no chasing, no fear - instead there should be concentration and execution.
But who am I to know?
These users thanked the author josi for the post (total 5):
Mustafa, AlexBello, Musashi, Andres128, Andrés49

FourXXXX wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:19 pm My take on don't be greedy is not to chase too many pips and end up having the trade come back and result in little or no gain.

Compounding can add a lot of profit but the more you increase the lot size the more effect a reversal would have. The other way to trade is just start off bigger and stick to the lot size, if you are winning more than losing then there is no reason you can't have bigger initial lot sizes.
Check dm

Moving AveragesRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Everyone this can be a bit of a long message please try to add as much value as we can as traders to
help other traders who are trying to make it including me.

Have realized that its better to trade from the semafors as they canshift a few pips aprox around 50 pips to 100 pips on a trend,
so if this happens then we should just keep a stop at the top or bottom end of the big square semafor or the big round semafor.

" This will give us lesser losses and then wait for the next big round semafor or big square semafor"

So all in all we just trade of the big round and square semafors on the 5 min and 15 min tf with stops at the to an lower ​end of the semofors.
An not trade the smaller red an green dots as they can keep shifting too. Maybe the bigger semafors are stronger areas for price to turn from

Another thing to look for is the 2nd dot strategy which have been trying find the setups but this can be tricky as its more of a waiting game here.

An as far as the strategy of entering with the trend with the candles can be very tiring as in a sideways channel will will keep loosing money
specially on the 5m and 15 min tf saying this after trying all these XARD strategies.

If any of you have anything to say on the bigger semafor strategy with first stops using the 5min and 15m and also the 30m or 1h and 4h then these
inputs would really help the traders who are still trying to make pips.

As have stilll got the accuracy to trade with the candles and the trend color indicators, its really tuff.

NOTE : How many of you have tried this with the first stop at the big semofors and traded at least 100 trades and then calculated your profit and loss?
Has it been profitable if yes please give your replies, also those who have tried trading all the big an small semofors from the 5 m tf and the 15m tf with first stops just above and below the semafors. Without shifting stops, have any of you tried such 100 trades an are profitable or not really.

XARD if you can throw some of your inputs on this message it would really enourage us all please.
These users thanked the author tradersanbrokers for the post (total 2):
Mustafa, Musashi

tradersanbrokers wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:30 pm Everyone this can be a bit of a long message please try to add as much value as we can as traders to
help other traders who are trying to make it including me.

Have realized that its better to trade from the semafors as they canshift a few pips aprox around 50 pips to 100 pips on a trend,
so if this happens then we should just keep a stop at the top or bottom end of the big square semafor or the big round semafor.

" This will give us lesser losses and then wait for the next big round semafor or big square semafor"

So all in all we just trade of the big round and square semafors on the 5 min and 15 min tf with stops at the to an lower ​end of the semofors.
An not trade the smaller red an green dots as they can keep shifting too. Maybe the bigger semafors are stronger areas for price to turn from

Another thing to look for is the 2nd dot strategy which have been try find but this can be tricky as its more of a waiting game here.

An as far as the strategy of entering with the trend with the candles can be very tiring as in a sideways channel will will keep loosing money
specially on the 5m and 15 min tf saying this after trying all these XARD strategies.

If any of you have anything to say on the bigger semafor strategy with first stops using the 5min and 15m and also the 30m or 1h and 4h then these
inputs would really help the traders who are still trying to make pips.

As have stilll got the accuracy to trade with the candles and the trend color indicators, its really tuff.

XARD if you can throw some of your inputs on this message it would really enourage us all please.
what about tp