Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

mrtools wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:28 pm You got everything you need right there, go for it!
Hello mrtools,
Following your encouragement, I tried modifying mladen's "simple (stepma of rsi adaptive ema 2.9) EA_1.mq4" to use your adaptive_jurik indicator.
The stepMA of rsi seemed closer to what the adaptive_jurik was doing.
The new version, "simple (adaptive_jurik) EA.mq4" compiles without errors and places trades, but not always in the right place and it gives too many alerts.
It works OK and then sometimes buys when it should sell and vice versa.
Things are now at a point where debugging is beyond my limited coding skills.

I think the problem is in passing parameters to the indicator.
I have tried changing the list of various parameters and adding commas and few other things.
I cannot eliminate the multiple alerts and can't confirm orders are placed when expected, e.g when the adaptive_jurik indicator on the chart shows a change in direction.
Lines 132 and 133 are the modified icustom calls to to the indicator.

Would you have time to take a look at the attached code and offer suggestions?
I truly appreciate any help.
Thank you.
NW

Edit: Tested it on Renko chart of US30 index and on M5 EURUSD.
The alerts kept popping up every couple seconds.
These users thanked the author northwind for the post:
太虚一毫

northwind wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:14 am Hello mrtools,
Following your encouragement, I tried modifying mladen's "simple (stepma of rsi adaptive ema 2.9) EA_1.mq4" to use your adaptive_jurik indicator.
The stepMA of rsi seemed closer to what the adaptive_jurik was doing.
The new version, "simple (adaptive_jurik) EA.mq4" compiles without errors and places trades, but not always in the right place and it gives too many alerts.
It works OK and then sometimes buys when it should sell and vice versa.
Things are now at a point where debugging is beyond my limited coding skills.

I think the problem is in passing parameters to the indicator.
I have tried changing the list of various parameters and adding commas and few other things.
I cannot eliminate the multiple alerts and can't confirm orders are placed when expected, e.g when the adaptive_jurik indicator on the chart shows a change in direction.
Lines 132 and 133 are the modified icustom calls to to the indicator.

Would you have time to take a look at the attached code and offer suggestions?
I truly appreciate any help.
Thank you.
NW

Edit: Tested it on Renko chart of US30 index and on M5 EURUSD.
The alerts kept popping up every couple seconds.

simple (adaptive_jurik) EA.mq4
Try this one.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 7):
ZZTop, northwind, alexm, mr12323, RexVola, annadurai, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:59 am Try this one.
mrtools,
Fantastic. Thank you for your attention and reply.
Turns out the solution was much simpler than I was making it. An opportunity to learn from a great professor.
It will be interesting to watch this EA perform when the markets open this week.

I cannot thank you enough for your time and generous help.
All the best,
NW.

northwind wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:46 am mrtools,
Fantastic. Thank you for your attention and reply.
Turns out the solution was much simpler than I was making it. An opportunity to learn from a great professor.
It will be interesting to watch this EA perform when the markets open this week.

I cannot thank you enough for your time and generous help.
All the best,
NW.
Hello mrtools,
The Adaptive Jurik indicator name called in EA doesn't match the indicator file name. There are extra spaces in the EA indicator's name.
Changing the indicator file name by either adding spaces or removing spaces give different errors when running the EA:
1. cannot open file; or
2. must use the indicator file name; or
3. array out of range.

Running the EA as attached in your reply fills the Experts tab with this message: Please have a look at the EA code.
Thank you.
NW

northwind wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:44 am Hello mrtools,
The Adaptive Jurik indicator name called in EA doesn't match the indicator file name. There are extra spaces in the EA indicator's name.
Changing the indicator file name by either adding spaces or removing spaces give different errors when running the EA:
1. cannot open file; or
2. must use the indicator file name; or
3. array out of range.

Running the EA as attached in your reply fills the Experts tab with this message:
cannot open file.PNG

Please have a look at the EA code.
Thank you.
NW
The name has to be the same as you downloaded it, notice in your message you have a (2) after the name, this will give you that error. Try downloading it again and make sure the name stays as was posted, some browsers will change the name, think Firefox is one of them. I know the EA and indicator works because I ran a backtest to verify it before posting. Have it on GbpUsd and no errors.
Attachments
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
northwind

mrtools wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:37 am The name has to be the same as you downloaded it, notice in your message you have a (2) after the name, this will give you that error. Try downloading it again and make sure the name stays as was posted, some browsers will change the name, think Firefox is one of them. I know the EA and indicator works because I ran a backtest to verify it before posting. Have it on GbpUsd and no errors.
OK, downloaded with Chrome, deleted all previous files, copied new files from Chrome to appropriate folders and compiled.
No errors in Experts tab.
Now taking trades which match the on-chart indicator.
Strange that the browsers change the way files names are saved.
Many thanks, again.
NW

Jimmy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:26 pm Here is another hidden gem from our archives: The Smoother RSI Adaptive with Floating Levels for MT4.

This high-quality indicator created by Mladen is superb for trading trends and breakouts as it comes equiped with Floating Levels, (newer drop down box) Multi-timeframe mode + Interpolation, Alerts & a host of additional advanced options.

Be sure to try this indicator when the market opens next week.
smoother rsi adaptive (floating levels)
viewtopic.php?f=579496&p=1295389475#p1295389475

hidden gem from! It would be even better if the source code was sourced!
These users thanked the author 太虚一毫 for the post:
thomdel