Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Andrés49 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:39 pm Stop loss theme comes in handy for what happened today in gold. I suspect that the most experienced (more than 5 years of experience) some never put a stop loss. You can see it clearly in the screenshots, unless they bother to remove it, or it's a long way off. According to a highly experienced trader:
Why did you decide not to put a stop loss, and if so, why? please answer sincerely
How many hours a day are you in front of the screen?
If the operation is open, and you have to go to another matter 2 hours, what do you do? leave open. smarphone. closes.
Why do you think this happens before opening NY.
Today it hit my stop loss :(
stops.png
On stop loss another strategy is 'stop on close'. That's where (assuming you are monitoring the trade) you wait until the candle closes on whatever time frame you are using. Normally you would have a crash level where you just close the trade because there has been a market moving event. Take the loss, move on. The problem with the normal stop loss is very often, especially at smaller time frames, market bounces off those levels taking all the stops out and then takes off. So, to be clear, there is no stop placed but you have a level where if price closes above/below on the timeframe you are using, the trade is exited. Give it a try on demo and see if it helps.

Also gold is very volatile and maybe try WTI oil instead.Cheers.
These users thanked the author Nbats7979 for the post (total 2):
gamerredd, Andrés49

optionhk wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:58 pm On the eve of your retirement, I don't want to burden with you this extra work.
If you can share the mql of Dash and Panel indicators which use the symbols and digits, I will request MrTools to make it useable to accommodate the sizes of symbols.

On the eve of your retirement, let me offer you my gratitude in my traditional way.

XARD: I am just someone that trades indices and happens to post his template and ex4 indys for ppl to try out.
Source files are not mine to give out. My bucket list awaits...
I don't want source files. If you feel OK, can you please share with mrtools, whom I had made the request and enclosing exe files of your three indicators, dash, panel1 and panel 2. He said he needs mql and can't do anything with exe files. You don't have to share with anyone except Mrtools. Thank you.

XARD: I left all the source files with Jimmy, you could let mrtools know.
These users thanked the author optionhk for the post:
Andrés49

lucmat wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:49 am Hi LorenzoNexus,
may I ask you what is the indicator in your window chart?
It seems like a sort od Braid filter or Waddah attar indicator.
In some posts, it also appears in the Xard's template.
Thanks in advance.

Lucmat
Hi lucmat,

It's actually 2 indicators from the final update of the XARD System. One is the DDS and the other one is the TES.

Have a good day.
These users thanked the author LorenzoNexus for the post:
lucmat
Keep calm, and drink hot tea ~

Nbats7979 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:07 am On stop loss another strategy is 'stop on close'. That's where (assuming you are monitoring the trade) you wait until the candle closes on whatever time frame you are using. Normally you would have a crash level where you just close the trade because there has been a market moving event. Take the loss, move on. The problem with the normal stop loss is very often, especially at smaller time frames, market bounces off those levels taking all the stops out and then takes off. So, to be clear, there is no stop placed but you have a level where if price closes above/below on the timeframe you are using, the trade is exited. Give it a try on demo and see if it helps.

Also gold is very volatile and maybe try WTI oil instead.Cheers.
So it is true that an experienced trader does not use stop loss, so I asked how many hours a day he dedicates, more without stops and temporality higher than M30. Without stops, in small time frames you cannot even attend to the lord of amazon who brings order (exaggeration hahaha). But if you think about it, if before opening you already know what your limit is, why not put it? What is the reason? You run the risk of being misled by your mind and a little more a little more and the price will come back. Crude has a lot of gaps in my corridor
Did you think that time is the greatest asset you have?
86,400 seconds for you, for your pretty face. Invest, spend, splurge, get in on the trend.
Google translate translate for me