Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

xard777 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:24 am Update - XARD FX Final Edition.

I am officially retiring on the 18th May, this is as good a time to post my last setup for everyone's perusal.
As usual keep what works for you and discard the rest.

Enjoy
Xard777

Make more money than you have ever dreamed of, and then some.

corrected ADX
Just wanted to chime in and say thanks a lot for your efforts mate. I think this is the best one yet- for me anyway. All the best and green pips!

CandlesticksRe: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

LorenzoNexus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:32 pm Hi gamerredd,

You always have to check which was the last big semafor before deciding to enter a long or a short. There was a big blue semafor on the M5 TF on gold at 16:25 (my time) . That means that you can only trade long position from that point on. I guess you were looking at a higher TF to understand the direction, but that serves you only as a road map. The overall trend is still bullish so keep that in mind too. I suggest you to write somewhere like on the sticky note App, a check list before entering a trade that follows your own rules.

Have a good day,

LNS
A trading plan should be written down and read every day before you start trading.

At least that is what I learnt from someone who is a very successful trader.
These users thanked the author XXXX for the post (total 5):
Yuri_I, kowal81, LorenzoNexus, Andrés49, gamerredd
nil desperandum

FourXXXX wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:02 pm A trading plan should be written down and read every day before you start trading.

At least that is what I learnt from someone who is a very successful trader.
Make sure to Journal trades as well. I can suggest to use a simple Journal setup such as:

PAIR----I----LONG/SHORT----I----GAIN/LOSS----I----SCREENSHOT IMGUR----I----COMMENTS

GER30----I----LONG----I--------[+1% (100PIPS)]----I----https://imgur.com/ -----I----- //
US100----I----SHORT----I------[-1% (100PIPS)]----I----https://imgur.com/ -----I----- trade lost because...

Make sure to track your trades to understand better what you do right and what you do wrong. Never underestimate Journaling.

Google sheets or MS excel are really good for Journaling.
These users thanked the author LorenzoNexus for the post (total 3):
Yuri_I, Nbats7979, gamerredd
Keep calm, and drink hot tea ~

Stop loss theme comes in handy for what happened today in gold. I suspect that the most experienced (more than 5 years of experience) some never put a stop loss. You can see it clearly in the screenshots, unless they bother to remove it, or it's a long way off. According to a highly experienced trader:
Why did you decide not to put a stop loss, and if so, why? please answer sincerely
How many hours a day are you in front of the screen?
If the operation is open, and you have to go to another matter 2 hours, what do you do? leave open. smarphone. closes.
Why do you think this happens before opening NY.
Today it hit my stop loss :(
Did you think that time is the greatest asset you have?
86,400 seconds for you, for your pretty face. Invest, spend, splurge, get in on the trend.
Google translate translate for me

LorenzoNexus wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:32 pm Make sure to Journal trades as well. I can suggest to use a simple Journal setup such as:

PAIR----I----LONG/SHORT----I----GAIN/LOSS----I----SCREENSHOT IMGUR----I----COMMENTS

GER30----I----LONG----I--------[+1% (100PIPS)]----I----https://imgur.com/ -----I----- //
US100----I----SHORT----I------[-1% (100PIPS)]----I----https://imgur.com/ -----I----- trade lost because...

Make sure to track your trades to understand better what you do right and what you do wrong. Never underestimate Journaling.

Google sheets or MS excel are really good for Journaling.
Yes, agree, if you can spot trends in when and why a trade didn't go as planned then adjust or maybe learn from those setups. If you keep doing the same thing without recognizing why it resulted in a loss then the market isn't teaching you, you are just losing.
These users thanked the author Nbats7979 for the post:
LorenzoNexus

Nbats7979 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:43 pm Yes, agree, if you can spot trends in when and why a trade didn't go as planned then adjust or maybe learn from those setups. If you keep doing the same thing without recognizing why it resulted in a loss then the market isn't teaching you, you are just losing.
Every loss is experience. The more you lose, the more you understand what's wrong in your trading.
If you keep trying without stopping, you will find a way to succeed.
These users thanked the author LorenzoNexus for the post:
gamerredd
Keep calm, and drink hot tea ~